XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Where Are The Ethereals?

Kharille

It's October. I've got the hyperwave decoder, bases all over the globe. So annoyed I lost Brazil. Troops everywhere, dead Mutons, but no ethereals. Must be one buggy superhuman game I'm playing right now....

I'm sure I've seen these guys earlier, April in one of my earlier superhuman games....

When did you run into these guys?

It depends just how high your scores are. If you are only just breaking even on your scores the ethereals will not visit. Now, if you are doing exceptionally well on all missions, yet your score is still low, you have yourself an alien base somewhere - scan all your alien activity logs for possible locations of base.

It is possible for the aliens to build enough bases/do enough infiltration missions to take out countries to counteract any score which you get. This could be enough to delay the ethereals from arriving for a bit. In any case, the arrival time is random to a point.

The DOS version (if that is your case) also has a bug that everytime Geoscape is restarted (by concluding a mission or loading a saved game) the difficulty level gets reset to the lowest setting, even if you started it on superhuman.