XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Commander

Guest Erik

Just wondering is their anyone who ever made a soldier commander?

My max is 2 colonels but i never made it to commander. For that i needed all scientist,engeneers and soldiers i could buy. Guide says 2 colonels makes 1 commander.

you need 3 colonels. 2 for the prerequesite, and one to become commander. Sometimes, you can have one person promoted to colonel, so you can have someone become commander.

I don't think engies and scientists count towards your commanders. You need squaddies, which means everyone has to kill at least one alien.

well last time i tried to become commander i had about 125 soldiers all max promoted as far as i know ....

with 20 ppl i dont even get a captain in my version.

but im gonna try again, this just needs to be taken care off :)

btw i read somewhere in the forum that i can get more engineers by allying with cyberweb. Is that max number or just recruitable number?

Edited by Smashie

• 2 weeks later...
well last time i tried to become commander i had about 125 soldiers all max promoted as far as i know ....

with 20 ppl i dont even get a captain in my version.

but im gonna try again, this just needs to be taken care off :)

btw i read somewhere in the forum that i can get more engineers by allying with cyberweb. Is that max number or just recruitable number?

if i remember well.. its more recruitable number

more engis. to recruit

Nope. Allying only works with the androids and hybrids. Even then, it only means that they can become available, and doesn't affect quantity.

If you want more techs, just save before the end of the day, end it, check the hire pool. The game randomly generates recruits at the end of the day, see? So if you're not satisfied, reload and end the day again. Repeat until you get a favourable result.

Great way to build a full team of 90+ skilled techs in a matter of days. ;)

- NKF

Great way to build a full team of 90+ skilled techs in a matter of days. ;)

- NKF

You can only purchase up to 50 engineers. The game won't give you any more engineers past that point.

I reccomend that you don't max out your engineers. If you leave a little room, the game will keep giving you new and unique engineers to play with. Now, I have 45 guys, and by constantly upgrading, my worst engie has 87 skill. (93 average) A big improvement, I must say. ^_^

Edited by Robo Dojo 58

• 6 months later...
Just wondering is their anyone who ever made a soldier commander?

My max is 2 colonels but i never made it to commander. For that i needed all scientist,engeneers and soldiers i could buy. Guide says 2 colonels makes 1 commander.

I never had a commander... I tried once, but you need so many soldiers...

The only thing I noticed is that keeping 5 rookies among your soldiers (don't use them at all), all the others will be at least squad leaders... Someday I will try again... when I got my copy to work... Please, help me, read: my problem!

Thanks, I already got my copy to work !!! :D

Edited by alok

:D

you are the xcom commander!

This was a spam post. It will be deleted soon. For the moment, it is being left here to serve as a warning to others.

small reminder for cpl. :)

What does this do in Technical Support?, dammit, no modwand here <_>

Well, it's here because a guest made the topic, who can't access the other forums, but I suppose it's better to move it to xcom3 : general now.

• 9 months later...

HM ?! 125 Soldiers ? You need many soldiers to get one commander there was a rule in Germany is Gefreiter Truppführer Feldwebel Hauptmann and then Captain or so. But what about 125 Soldiers ? I have 100 an i can´t get any more soldiers !

So i can´t get an Commander, my Prob in this game since many years

I finally got one commander!!! Playing fairly I mean, I needed 100 soldiers, 5 rookies, as I said before, and the others promoted as far as it was possible. In the last mission, one sergeant was promoted to captain, one captain to colonel, and one colonel to commander!

By the way, I've never been able to have more than 100 soldiers, is it possible in game? As far as I know, it's only possible to have 180 agents, among scientists and soldiers, and never more than 100 soldiers or 50 scientists of the same kind.

Be happy :happygroup:

• 5 months later...
I finally got one commander!!! Playing fairly I mean, I needed 100 soldiers, 5 rookies, as I said before, and the others promoted as far as it was possible. In the last mission, one sergeant was promoted to captain, one captain to colonel, and one colonel to commander!

Your method of keeping 5 rookies aside worked miracles! I got one colonel in no time, after a looong time with no promotions at all. I have 55 soldiers now, I'll hire more to have the commander also.

If someone knows: how many medals a soldier can earn? I have several with 4 medals, there are more?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
There are only 5 medals. I have a few soldiers who've achieved all 5. I used two different editors just to check. More would be cool. so would more ranks. Just for coolness.

• 8 months later...
The medals are for ammount of kills as I last checked o.o

Medals are awarded for overall points earned by an agent. Kills are the fastest way to earn medals, but agents also earn medal-points for the following:

- going on missions

- days in service

- health points lost when wounded

In addition to kills, these critieria actually make up a pretty fair representation for how the militaries of the world award medals, particularly the US army, which awards ribbons for a variety of service-related accomplishments, including time of service and particular campaigns. Different aliens garner different point values, so soldier who kill skeletoids and megaspawns earn more points than ones who kill brainsuckers.

Because I play long games and don't use editors, I do manage to come up with sometimes several agents with the fifth medal, which requires some 1500 points, if I remember correctly. I'm talking about agents with over 100 kills, scores of missions, even in the triple digits, and service since the start of the game. Of course, expanding almost any aspect of the game would be cool, but I have to say that the ranks and medals are a pretty decent system. Especially in XCOM3, it's also good that agents with the most kills and experience tend to get promoted, meaning that your best agents are actually the ones in charge. This doesn't always pan out in the real military, as often officers are management-level people who often make no battlefield kills at all. This can be good and bad, but it's a nice touch in X3 to be able to say, "My Commander is the toughest agent of them all - he/she knows her stuff and can lead troops into battle."