XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cybernetics...

It's interesting how so many aliens are cybernetically enhanced, but X-Com doesn't do it.

Perhaps, have a 'cap' for improving soldiers without cybernetics, which can be exceeded by it?

And have a lot of the late-game aliens over that cap in terms of stats.

So, to match those cyborged mutons with organic armor grafted onto their skin and combat enhancements, you'd need to install a bunch of stuff into your Agents.

Does anyone have ideas for this?

I think I'll stick to cybernetic enhancements on my power suits, thank you. The suits should add on to the caps that the soldiers can get naturally. (or don't cap it - just make it excrutiatingly hard to attain really high stat levels - say exponentially)

But I suppose having cybernetic limbs as a means of getting permanently disabled veteran soldiers back on their feet - literally - wouldn't be so bad. Using cybernetics to enhance the fighting capabilities of your soldiers... eh, it might feel unethical in a way - you are trying to save the earth from the evil experimentation of the invading aliens - not become them. Hang on, actually, it would feel a bit like Syndicate...

Oh well, it's still an idea.

- NKF

Hmm that would be a good idea... replacing limbs of soldier who got blown off by some sort of an explosion? and instead of loosing your soldier with your own name attached to him/her... why not make a Mechanical Prosethesis? There are already basic ones that respond to the electrical pulse in a muscle... so what you have to do to bend the arm for example is flex whats left of your own arm...

with some alien tech this could be improved drasticly...

Edited by Shinzon

• 1 month later...

The power suits are fine I think. Those things should raise the caps. I'm not a fan of enhancements. That might be too much micromanagement anyway. I would rather just throw a suit of armor on someone than get a screen where I'm adding enhancements for different costs and surgical recovery times, and heaven forbid, unforseen infections.

"Oh no, the aliens mind controled my bio enhanced right hand! AHHH!!"

This falls under that category of "Morals?" of whether it's right to mechanically augment troops. It would be a choice. If you say "yes", you would lose lots of funding because nations think it's wrong, but you get mechanical augmentation. If you say "no", you keep funding but you don't get robot arms.

I think it would be an interesting irony factor.

"To defeat the aliens, one must become them." :D

That in its self would be a fitting end for the human race.

That the humans being to obsess by the enemy became them.

This falls under that category of "Morals?" of whether it's right to mechanically augment troops. It would be a choice. If you say "yes", you would lose lots of funding because nations think it's wrong, but you get mechanical augmentation. If you say "no", you keep funding but you don't get robot arms.

I don’t think it should be that drastic.

Perhaps the unethical part would show up when a soldier wounded for the fifth time. Both of the leg have been replaced, the right harm to, he has a mechanical heart, and now his brain damaged.

And the only way to save him would leave him a mindless fighting machine.

Then the player would be given a choice that would impale his funding if he chose to do it.

• 6 months later...

I like the sound of this idea....

How about certain injuries require augmentations to get the soldier back into battle? For example, if you had a wounded soldier in UFO, the stat screen told you how long recovery would be....well imagine cybernetic parts to reduce recovery time? or even make them necessary for a recovery of more than month?

You could also make them a way of improving a certain stat the cheating, but expensive way. Got a solider with bad accuracy and reactions? get some robot arms and eyes for 6 million dollars! That way you would have to be REALLY rich to indulge in such practices.

You could also make them a way of improving a certain stat the cheating, but expensive way. Got a solider with bad accuracy and reactions? get some robot arms and eyes for 6 million dollars! That way you would have to be REALLY rich to indulge in such practices.

Uhmm.. the point being what? It's a lot cheaper to just sack him or use him as suicide scout and get a replacement :P