XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Soundtracks For Groundbattles

guileol

Hi guys! I'm here to suggest a direction to the soundtrack production. It is something thats going on my mind and i want to know your opinions on this. I'm a little new to the forums so i don't know if this has already been discussed.

The way i see it, we are working on this ONE song, which is, the song that we believe will fit on the Xenocide battle atmosphere, bring up the emotions that we feel playing the original games or watching horror/suspense movies. This, of course, will bring us a lot of good stuff, but i think that maybe in the end the connection between what we see and what we hear in the game will be a little weird. What i want to say to you is that we got to think of the nuances of the game, its diversity, which lies on the different scenarios. The soundtrack have to fulfill specific scenarios, songs for jungles, rural areas, icy, desert, urban, mountain, beach, not just a battle song. This will of course need a little more work and imagination of us, but sure will give more to the game in its wholeness.

that's it. Bye!

Guile

You may have already noticed the quantity column in the Excel sheet. Next to the Groundbattle track it says that unlimited tracks can be produced. This, exactly for the reason you mentioned above: diversity in the tracks that will be heard most.

I have had several similar toughts (implementing a different mood for each scene) and I think it would be a great addon. Interactive music change according to what happens on the battlefield is a real "pain in the a.s.s." to compose so your idea sounds like a valuable counter-proposal. It will also have to be discussed with the programming dept. Nevertheless, the highest priority is to have one track per scene. Let's finish that first.

cheers,

Thomas

Edited by ATeX

• 4 weeks later...

Following that idea, my I propose something ?

As I play, aside of the project xenocide, in a progressive symphonic metal band, Is anyone interested by having a battlesong in kind of that music ? I mean with distortion/overdrive guitar, a rythm more "heavy", without being that too much...

Well, that's just an idea. Maybe you want to hear an example ? of Do you think it won't fit the project ? (for an extension of that question, see the forum "Active Sound Ideas/new way of composing" or something like that...)