XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - IDEAS - management Question

blane..

okay who's in charge of the sound department and whats going on in the realm of sound.

do we yet have a list of specific tasks that need music?

do we yet have a list of specific tracks allready selected for things?

who's being delegated to what responsiabilities?

where are all the sound files put up for submission being organized so that we can correctly give them a listen and judge what should or shouldn't be in the running for the final version?

seems like the sound department and all the members are running around like chicken with their heads cut off without any idea of what needs to be done, what is being done, what is done, and who's doing what.

i know this is a "freeware program" and it's done in our spare time and out of the goodness of ourhearts as well as our love for the original X-com

but seriously... can we please get a little better organized?

functions of management

Plan , Organize , Control , Direct.

lets get a mailing list of all the sound people, and get something going that is semi professional. please.

Blane, as far as I know just Atex and Raven Squads are the active members in the Sound Department. You should contact Raven Squad

So any help in this area is more than important. Currently there are a lot of sounds that needs to be done. The most important are the geoscape ui ones. Most of them if programmers can integrate sound before the 0.0.6 release should be there.

I most of the time let the Seniors of every department to add the tasks in the issue tracker, but any member can add issues to the tracker (the worst that can happen is that they could get postponed or get a won't fix status). Try not to add useless entries though, cause that makes my life difficultier.

Today JakeDrake asked in this thread for an update, so after that I dont know either: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4278&hl=

Blane, get an account in the Issue Tracker if you dont have one already. There is a task that has been posponed enough, just waiting for you :naughty:. After you get the account I will assign it to you.

BTW, this is for all members: if you find that you are walking in the dark, just drop a message I can always find needed tasks for every one of you. You just need to prod me a little cause I dont put most of them in the task tracker because I dont want to overflow the tasks tracker to be able to focus on the currently assigned issues.

Greetings

Red Knight

• 2 weeks later...

blane,

you've got a point there. Planetview and sound effects are priority at this very moment.

But!

We know that. We're not like headless chickens over here. Our creations just aren't that important at the moment, so we can experiment in order to have a better view and experience at the moment it DOES get important. I've been thinking your toughts many times before, but as far as I know, it's just not the time yet.

Altough, it never can be soon enough to organize the sound department. Red Knight will lead us into the right direction. And as soon he's got an issue with this, he'll let us know.

greets,

ATeX