XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Demo

Spoon

Hey Hey.

OK Basically i need to get past this misson but there is noway my men can do it. [men like to stand still and get shot to death rather then move out of the way] I need to get the demo of apoc then i'll transfer my saves to it and cheat to get past misson then start using apco full version again

Can anyone give me a link to the demo? Thanks http://www.hackforums.net/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Here you go. Enjoy! :)

- Zombie

The demo probably wouldn't recognize a savegame from the retail release, or vice versa.

A lot of pausing and micromanaging your troops generally saves the day. What's the scenario? Such as where are you fighting, and what have you your agents agents armed with? Are you able to order a retreat? No, not from the map - just from your dangerous surroundings.

- NKF

The demo probably wouldn't recognize a savegame from the retail release, or vice versa.

A lot of pausing and micromanaging your troops generally saves the day. What's the scenario? Such as where are you fighting, and what have you your agents agents armed with? Are you able to order a retreat? No, not from the map - just from your dangerous surroundings.

- NKF

Theres just too many aliens to fight my 3 guys. + my men arent in the best of shape. the agents that did the previous are armed and trained well. but they got traped so... DAM! its on a alien misson. the one where you have to destroy gray blocks.

Thanks Bye. http://www.hackforums.net/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

It's an alien building then? Good, in that case you should evacuate from the mission and try again later when your men are healthier and better armed. There's no doomsday deadline in this game, so there's no rush to complete the alien buildings (unless you want to disable the UFO from respawning every week) so you can tackle them at a pace that you are comfortable with.

Tip: When attacking alien buildings, make blowing up the orange reinforcement spawn pads your first priority. The less of these around, the less aliens in each theme area that you'll have to contend with. You can only use Vortex mines to destroy them, so pack a lot of them. The v-mine has to be on or at least 1 tile away from the pad to destroy it, so try to get several pads with on v-mine where ever possible. Hit the ground running whenever you start each map and try to find the nearest teleport pad nest and wipe it out quickly, and then proceed to the next one. Cycle, rince, repeat until the whole map is clear of non-furniture aliens. ;)

With your leave, I'll move this thread over to the Apocalypse section later on.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

It's an alien building then? Good, in that case you should evacuate from the mission and try again later when your men are healthier and better armed. There's no doomsday deadline in this game, so there's no rush to complete the alien buildings (unless you want to disable the UFO from respawning every week) so you can tackle them at a pace that you are comfortable with.

Tip: When attacking alien buildings, make blowing up the orange reinforcement spawn pads your first priority. The less of these around, the less aliens in each theme area that you'll have to contend with. You can only use Vortex mines to destroy them, so pack a lot of them. The v-mine has to be on or at least 1 tile away from the pad to destroy it, so try to get several pads with on v-mine where ever possible. Hit the ground running whenever you start each map and try to find the nearest teleport pad nest and wipe it out quickly, and then proceed to the next one. Cycle, rince, repeat until the whole map is clear of non-furniture aliens. ;)

With your leave, I'll move this thread over to the Apocalypse section later on.

- NKF

The orange pads respawn aliens? No wonder i were killing and killing and killing. but there always were tons of more aliens to kill. i'll have to do the misson again then... Dam!

OW well Thanks for the info http://www.hackforums.net/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif