XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Artwork.

kliffoth

Second, Soldier with personal armor. Too tired now to finish'em. If you want'em colored just tell me, so I speed up... -_- (or if you wanna help, you're welcomed (this one´s missing two guns, and remake of attached gun)) Edited by kliffoth

Nice drawings, but it looks a little too anime in comparison to what the finished game models look like. I'm not too fond of the uniform either.

That is really good. The first two looked to young to be the best of the best, battle hardened soildiers.

I really like your draw style, keep up the good work ^_^

[quote name='Vaaish' date='Feb 29 2004, 09:13 PM']better, how about giving him a military regluation haircut instead of what you have there?[/quote]
I agree. Only Swedish army allows beard and long hair as far as I know..

Hey, they're saving the world from certain death, perhaps the player/commander isn't so worried about head lice in the field? ;) I really like the latest pic as well, has that hardened, 'it's either you or me' look to it. The first two also look nice, but should based off of the finished models we have for the standard armor and personal armor IMO. Of course they're not always in their armor, sort of hard to do your "duty" in full gear.

As we'll have various manuals for playing the game, there will be plenty of spots for pics like this. Perhaps some pics of different categories like weapons, craft/tanks, aliens, technology? Nice artwork!

"Genetically Formed from the primordial goo generated by the Ventriculants, the alien forces build in strength..."

Certainly could have background images, at a low opacity/intensity, so the text is easily read over it. Maybe the pics can cycle through. Another spot where this kind of artwork would be nice is backgrounds for dialog boxes like the save game dialog from a while back, it had some soldiers in the background.

the 3rd one would fit for a X-CORPS turn battle screen. But the gun must be done first.

EDIT: I DO like the way the pistol ended up....gonna play arround with THAT concept.

EDITED BY RK... :hammer: Edited by red knight

First one is a crisper looking Viper IMO, more suggestion of the teeth in that one, the second seems like the image has bled or something.

If I'm guessing correctly the first one has a crosshatch filter applied to it and the second has I'd guess at edge detect and gaussian blur.

How about mixing the two together on seperate layers and applying a screen fliter to the first so the harder edges and darker outlines show through the sharper first image?

Still very nice work Kliffoth.

Real nice!! ^_^ You sure know how to draw well :D

Hey, Morlocks have feelings too, they can be fun-loving, caring individuals as well, they just have a strong tendency towards mass destruction and mayhem, that's all... yeah, a different view angle can make a difference.

Just make the Morlock in a different pose (Such as the one fux originally drew, with the alien holding up a human with one hand.)

Edit: Kliff, how is the comic coming? Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

A Hardcore pose.....NICE!!! :D

"FEAR MORTALS BEACUSE I AM MORLOCK!!! YOUR WORSE NIGHTMARE!!!!!"

Really nice drawing Edited by Black Dash

that one would fit well in the manual:

[i]fig9. Artist's rendering of the one of the attackers from the night of the 23th March 2007, as described by three independant civilian witnesses [/i]

• 1 month later...
This is actually a sketch I did when I was bored in science, but anyway, the power armor or maybe even alien armor in future versions of Xenocide could maybe have similar parts to this; the shoulder and chest armor region in particular.

heaven help the poor guy if he needed to fix a jam on those weapons or reload not to mention trying to see someone walk up next to him with those blinders called shoulder armor.

I do like the feel of the helmet though, kinda WH4K

I don't really like that drawing. I mean, it looks too cyberpunk. It looks more like something a civilian would force upon the military, instead of something specifically designed for military use.

But that chest armor could be used to great effect on the Morlock when (if) we finally give the aliens armor.

Well, like I said, when I drew this I was just bored in science and I wasn't thinking about Xenocide. I just thought certain parts like the shoulderpads could be used for different armor.

This actually was intended to be the evil 8 foot tall robot twin of my science teacher anyway, not body armor. Way too cumbersome for body armor.

Also, I'm not sure if the power suit design we have for Xenocide is the final yet, but to me it seems a bit too boxy and bubbly. Are there going to be changes made to that?

hehe... I guess that means when I get some free time I need to get to work skinning.

I think we should only bone and animate in whatever program is exporting the final models to keep compatibility issues to a minimum.

[quote name='Vaaish' date='Apr 15 2004, 08:24 AM']hehe... I guess that means when I get some free time I need to get to work skinning.

I think we should only bone and animate in whatever program is exporting the final models to keep compatibility issues to a minimum.[/quote]
ok. which? I sure like milkshape for moddeling (3dmax sux in animating), so i vote for that.