XCOMUFO & Xenocide

No Cheats In Dosbox

Guest Guest

After trying everything imaginable to get my Xcom3 to work on XP with absolutely zero effect, I gave up and used dosbox...which works if a bit slowly. Except for the cheat codes. I hold down alt and type ufo cheat and when I release alt it opens the option menu (which comes from the letter 'o'). I think dosbox messes with the way the alt button is handled or something. Anyone know a way to fix it.

I like to start a new game, cheat myself an armada and level the city just for fun. But now I can't. :(

It's not Dosbox's fault. The in-game cheats are only present in the Apocalypse demo. They've been removed from the final release.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Yeah I am quite sure the cheats work with the full game, or all the cheat sites would explicitly say "these cheats only work in the demo version" which non of the cheat sites say.

From the cityscape view hold down ALT and type UFO CHEAT if that fails, try it again, only this time skip the U..... Why? I dont' know, but that is what the cheat guides say to do for this game...

I can NOT get the cheat mode activated because while holding down ALT and typing UFO CHEAT, guess what happens when I press space? =p

Could anyone post a savegame that has cheats already activated? Or is there some other way I can activate them? Some of the cheats sound rather interesting such as FLIP DIMENSION (apparently you can choose 7 dimensions, and I am very curious as to what, if anything is done in the other dimensions the game was originally planned to have).

The other interesting cheats are---

FORCE OVERSPAWN

FORCE APOCALPSE (alien terror mission).

Dang how I wish I could play with them cheats :(

I recall that there were some complaints about the final release with not being able to use the cheats that were available for the demo. This was back when we could still play the game in pure dos mode - alt+space wasn't an issue.

Still, I could be wrong. Is there anyone here who can run the game in a pure dos environment? The last time I tried the cheats on my old pure dos machine (oh, those were the days...) all I turned up was an egg. It was tasty - no cheats though.

This is one case where I wish I was wrong. I, like anyone else, would simply love to have the power to unleash overspuds on the city at random. Great for a variety of 'testing' purposes - I can tell you!

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 5 months later...
After trying everything imaginable to get my Xcom3 to work on XP with absolutely zero effect, I gave up and used dosbox...which works if a bit slowly. Except for the cheat codes. I hold down alt and type ufo cheat and when I release alt it opens the option menu (which comes from the letter 'o'). I think dosbox messes with the way the alt button is handled or something. Anyone know a way to fix it.

I like to start a new game, cheat myself an armada and level the city just for fun. But now I can't. :(

Do a Search for the midnight editor v6.3 NOT v6.1 which I downloaded after all these years and found out it doesn't work very well (probably OS) get v6.3 and it works too damn good to mention here. It's a save game editor and thus bypassing the DOSbox problem it can do ANYTHING you want it to do. Want more money? Can do. Want to edit buyable vehicles AND vehicles in your base(s)? Can do. Want to edit research info and even fool with diplomatic physics (although with unknown results)? Can do. Want to fool with soldier info and make everyone into super duper alien mother frakkers with maxed stats and disruptor armor? Can fracking do! This baby DOES IT ALL!! And asks for seconds! Ooh-fracking-Rah!!!

Edited by Outlawstar15a2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do a Search for the midnight editor v6.3 NOT v6.1 which I downloaded after all these years and found out it doesn't work very well (probably OS) get v6.3 and it works too damn good to mention here. It's a save game editor and thus bypassing the DOSbox problem it can do ANYTHING you want it to do. Want more money? Can do. Want to edit buyable vehicles AND vehicles in your base(s)? Can do. Want to edit research info and even fool with diplomatic physics (although with unknown results)? Can do. Want to fool with soldier info and make everyone into super duper alien mother frakkers with maxed stats and disruptor armor? Can fracking do! This baby DOES IT ALL!! And asks for seconds! Ooh-fracking-Rah!!!

The midnight editor you're referring to was v0.63 and was called Mexcomap.exe. Can search for it on google.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest ramon.dexter
"v0.63 and was called Mexcomap.exe"

Thank for this version information. The v0.62a crashes in xp.

I am going to try to use this editor for x-com apoc steam.

Valve bought it and is hosting an xp friendly copy for everyone on steam.

many thx for this