XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I Would Like To Help

sykoski

I've been doing computer science for about 5 years, I've worked a little bit with MUDs and have become comfortable with programming. I have experience with Java and C++, also I've had exposure to things like HTML Visual Basic and C.

I transfered to a new college and lets just say that they weren't happy with my grades recently so I have alot of free time until August. I thought to myself the other day, hey those ufo2000 people have something cool going on so maybe I can help out and get myself something to do while still being "academic". LOL So is there any room for a programmer like myself to help out with something on the project?

Welcome, we appreciate your interest in Ufo2000 development! :)

We are in dire need of a programmer to help with the 3d geoscape (globe). See issue: 0000448 in our bugtracker if you are interested in this field. For development process reference, go here.

There are some programming updates concerning damage system, grenades and launchers, crc errors, and explosion affects that have not been rolled out just yet, so it would not be wise to work in these areas.

Another issue we are currently having is a simple AI, issue: 0000222. I attatched some basic ideas how it could run, but even the most simplest AI would be excellent. ;)

The links to the two issues about AI and the geoscape dont work now. I didnt look at them in much detail yet cause I was working on familiarizing myself with all of this stuff I need to be able to start developing anything. I guess I need a link that doesnt disapear over time :P