XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Capturing live aliens and acquiring Alien artifacts.

After reading through these forums I have a question regarding the capture of live Aliens.

I currently use the thermal shock bombs to incapacitate the Aliens to ensure they survive but I don't physically pick them up.

Some posts have mentioned physically moving the bodies back to the XCOM craft or the exit pad.

I have never done this before but at the end of each mission it always shows me a total of how many live aliens were recovered.

Do you actually need to equip the bodies or place them inside the craft to acquire them?

The same question applies to Alien weapons and artifacts.

Am I leaving them behind if I don't pick them up?

Thanks,

Zak

you only pick them (live aliens/artefacts) up if you're NOT going to finish off the mission. Otherwise, you'll get whatevers in the battlefield after you're completed your mission.

[edit]

Tho, in 2 parter missions, live aliens from the first part will be killed after you've done the second part.

Edited by Andy

you only pick them (live aliens/artefacts) up if you're NOT going to finish off the mission. Otherwise, you'll get whatevers in the battlefield after you're completed your mission.

[edit]

Tho, in 2 parter missions, live aliens from the first part will be killed after you've done the second part.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks!

How do I check to see which Aliens are living in my Alien containment facility?

Thanks,

Zak

It's not a very obvious way of doing it, but you can see what aliens you have by going to the 'transfer' screen. You transfer them as you would transfer your aquanauts. (and, as an unsual tidbit, you also need temporary bed space at the destination base if you transfer live aliens to another containment unit)

Capturing lobsterman commanders from alien colonies are a prime example of when you would frequently physically move the subject back to the exit to capture it

- NKF

Edited by NKF

It's not a very obvious way of doing it, but you can see what aliens you have by going to the 'transfer' screen. You transfer them as you would transfer your aquanauts. (and, as an unsual tidbit, you also need temporary bed space at the destination base if you transfer live aliens to another containment unit)

Capturing lobsterman commanders from alien colonies are a prime example of when you would frequently physically move the subject back to the exit to capture it

- NKF

Thanks again NKF!

I have another question regarding live aliens.

In my earlier missions I captured live aliens but my Alien containment facility was not finished.

If I bring back live aliens to a base with no containment facility are these aliens converted to corpses or are they just removed from my inventory?

Thanks,

Zak

played a quick game, all the live aliens just died in the general storage.

That's too bad.

I really need to capture a Deep One Terrorist but I never see them anymore.

I checked the general store and I have 12 dead ones.

I want to research "Ion Armor" and this seems to be the missing ingredient.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zak

Dead bodies count at stores items too. ;)

I recommend starting a brand new game, build a containment first thing and do all you can to capture a Deep One at your earliest opportunity. Dead calcinites are good too, but make the Deep One a priority.

Starting over from the beginning would actually lose you less time than to try and wait it out in the game for the mixed crews to show up. They could take a very long time! And even then you're not always guaranteed to get a Deep One.

- NKF

Edited by NKF