XCOMUFO & Xenocide

F0dder Patch Way To Slow

spacekdet

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem ( also contacted f0dder about it .. no responce yet about specifics) when I run the game without the patch and without directdraw it runs fast of course .. so I run the game with the f0dder patch BTW im talking about CE and the sound runs at normal speed but the game runs super super slow like 1 frame every 10 or so seconds. I can get up to the first clickable screen (after ages of waiting) but the I cant run the game to see what speed it runs at because everything is to lagged I cant position the mouse in the right place to play the game.

Config:

PIII 667

Ge-force 2 MX/ MX 400

160 meg SDram

XP Professional

Any Ideas? :wacko:

Trying downloads from both this site and f0dder's site was a good idea, because they are actually still two different versions, as I've been too lazy to tidy things up.

My suggestion at this point would be to manually disable directdraw acceleration and run the game without f0dder's patch.

Xp runs fine on my comp :devillaugh: Yeah I've tried both patchs and the ones that were with the downloads of CE UFO and TFTD. I downloaded TFTD last night and it does the same thing ... I always thought that runing a very low graphics game wouldnt have any effect considering I can run high graphics intensive games like morrowind on my comp fine .... But anyway in not gonna run it on this comp cos using moslo or a slowdown util just lags the game way to much for any enjoyment by me so I guess I just have to wait till I get this cast off my leg and do something with my 486 and try CE on that .. I've tried DOS ver. on it but alas ... speed :unsure: ( On a 486 I hear you say .. yes I know it sux :crying: )