XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Kamikaze Bots

I was thinking that would be nice to have some kamikaze bots (70 dmg). I mean, that they could be used like grenades and thrown like them, but after falling they would animate and search the nearest alien in order to do what you know they have to do.

With research (navigation, ufo power source and fusion bombs) they would be able to fly and to be more destructive (130 dmg).

Again the idea is opened to corrections.

Instead of humans being so well equipped, I suggest that we give that to the aliens instead. And we also make it so that only aliens can use 'em.

(Actually, I had suggested something like this for the aliens already in another thread...)

Also, making it automatically seeking the nearest alien regardless of distances is ridiulously overpowered.

I say if it lands within a certain range, then it'll activate and run over. Otherwise, it'll stay motionless until an acceptable target hits the range, in which case it'll activate, regardless of turns.

However, the target or any nearby units can reaction fire at it, and a hit will cause it to detonate.

BB is heavy artillary... This would be advance area denial devices, kinda like the aliens' version of the proximity grenade, 'cept thiers denial a larger area...

It's destructiveness should definately be much lower than a BB's, maybe even less than the standard alien grenade 'coz it's about the same size, but has more systems.

You have to remember that once launched, BBs are almost 100% hit(short of operator errors) but ground trooper can still shoot this thing down.

I say the aliens need some weapons that humans cannot replicate and use because there is so much that by the end of the game, generally, the humans out-tech the aliens. I want it to be that at the very end, it's an equal toe-to-toe slug out, each side having a unique trick or two up thier sleeves. We would have our armors, they would have this device.

If its alien prox grenades, I am all for it.

Personally I think whatever the aliens have, X-CORP could steal. The advantage of alines should also be that their soldiers(Mutons) are 10x better engineered than any human warrior could be. Their stats should be gross and facing them should make you want ot cry like a girl.

Not everything could be steal, rembemer in Apoc the brainsucker launchers were useless for Humans, I liked that actually, we know what does it do but can't use it against them. Maybe we could introduce a weapon like that at some point.

I agree that any kamakazee action be reserved for a behavior of the enemy for the most part. I mean, in a way, we can do that anyway using an expendable soldier, and arming a grenade to keep in his inventory should he fall. In certain circumstances (like maybe he checked a room that had only one way out and got killed by something inside), it'll trap that enemy unit and hopefully damange it should it try to leave.

I say behavior because I don't necessarily believe in adding a new unit type specific to this action. Besides, I think there should be a few things left that perhaps we cannot counter as a player (within reason)...with some equal item or something.

I still like the notion though of giving the Cyberdiscs and/or Sectopods something to make them a little more fearful. Perhaps an alternate use for these can be that they act like a proximity mine themselves if you had an X-COM or civ unit within X distance of it. For instance, maybe it'll fire normally if there was only a couple of units in its range, but if there were more than this a little further out (perhaps if units get especially clumped together, it'll take advantage of the player's shortfall there), it'd charge a bit toward them for maximum affect, then detonate its self.

oh, spidermines? That might be fun for the aliens to have. I don't see any problem with us humans being ablw to use them, i've never usen prox nades, so it doesn't really matter.

Kamikaze implys that the object doing the suiciding has a conciousness and is making the concious decision that "YAY! I'm gonna ram that gun and kill him!"

which doesn't quite work here as we are actually using a preprogram robotic device that locks onto an appropriate target and zooms in.

But Kamikazee would be a good designation nevertheless. Spidermines... not a bad idea, we could even introduce a stat "awareness" to pick up the spidermines before they get up and start chasing our troopers off.