2 replies to this topic

#1 ErikLarsson

ErikLarsson

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:30 AM

Just a thought, do you down every single USO you detect end-game or is that just unnecessary?

I feel like countries are taken over etc if i leave the usos alone, but going after very small ones can be very tedious when you're waiting for something to happen...

Which ones are safe to ignore?
Im aware of the forum inactivity, but im posting anyways because i assume there are more people like me out there, people that read pretty much all the threads in this whole forum before posting... :)

#2 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

I down every single one of em but I don't recover all. Taking them out doesn't take that much effort/time in my opinion (unless you are in a game where they have far too many bases and are really facing huge numbers).
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

#3 BlankSlate

BlankSlate

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

I also down them all but I don't think it's necessary. Reading elsewhere, downing USOs on alien infiltration and colony expansion missions doesn't seem to do anything at all: once those ships appear the country has been taken over/colony has been built (see here).

Probe, Interdiction and Resource Raid just give them score so they can be safely ignored if you're not doing badly.

Floating Base Attack and Alien Surface Attacks are the big ones. I make sure every one of these gets shot down.