XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Too Fast At Geoscape?

Guest Yaro

I'v made it with W32dasm, Change was made for time loop at geoscape screen:

oryginal asm code: 'add ax, 0005' ( add 5 second to counter ) and 'cmp ax, 003C' ( count up to 60 second )

after change: 'add ax, 0001 ( add 1 second to counter ) and 'cmp ax, 0063' (count up to 99 sec). thats easy. I was trying 1 sec -> 600 - it was much better slowdown, but then there is 3 digits for seconds and last of them shows at left side of geo screen, it is frustrating :wacko: I will be trying with this soultion with count up to 600 sec but show only 2 digit. But i'm novice at asm coding, so small hope.

Best Regards - Yaro

Spacekdet - You are right, something wrong was happen to detecting ufo's. I'v tested it and notice that detecting ufo's decreased to few in patched exe, but I abandon searching dependence between this patch and detecting ufo's bug - I'v found that both: ufo & tftd ( dos versions ) runs very well in DosBox beta CVS version. All animations, scrolls, sounds and time runs pretty good - without any changes to game code. You can control game speed with special keys ( ctrl+F11 & ctrl+F12 ) go to fullscreen alt+enter and much more..

check my post at topic: Good way to run ...

I meant that when playing the game all I get is Terror sites and I hardly see any UFOs to shoot down, tiny, small, large or otherwise as yaro said the encounter rate has dropped dramatically.

OK does CE work on DOSbox?

and hopefully I'll find out how to get dosbox working when I follow your link

(To complicated for the simple mind :P)