Computer Ai

Archaon376

• 2 months later...

ran into this freeware game on underdogs today:

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?name=PaybackTime+2

it even have a ai in there.

on this page:

http://users.tkk.fi/~kluojus/

its claimed that the source code is included, yet i cant find anything in there zip to indicate that (alltho it may all be in assembler for all i know).

anyways, it may be a place to "borrow" the basics of a ai ;)

Yes, the source code is included in the second release. Unfortunately, the Underdogs release is the one that works "out of the box".

It's written in Turbo Pascal, with a few assembly language files. It can be tweaked to build on 6.0, but it really wants 7.0. Porting to FreePascal is not easy. No object orientation.

It has a zoo of side effects (inappropriate globals). You will need to do moderate fixing just to keep the lighting code from corrupting the memory.

It actually has a proper visibility model. While it has a telepathy hack, with some major rewriting this could be removed. I have almost finished restructuring the code on my end (still have this nasty loop in the AI that can result in infinite firing).

• 6 months later...
Hey, is there still the possibility of AI? All my friends refuse to play against me, they want co-op

make new friends :) join us on #ufo2000 irc-channel on quaenet. Im sure you will find opponents at your level :)

Hey, is there still the possibility of AI? All my friends refuse to play against me, they want co-op

make new friends :) join us on #ufo2000 irc-channel on quaenet. Im sure you will find opponents at your level :)

irc.quakenet.org

#ufo2000

hopefully you weren't trying 'quaenet' :D