XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Craft Modification . . .

60mm

Anyone know if it would be possible to add doors to a craft, I want to widen the doors on the Lightning, and give it some more fuel to make it useable. Anyone who has a clue on how to due either of these please speak up!

You can change the layout of various ships in the tactical map by editing a .map file. I don't really know anything about how to do it, though.

I would assume that the stats for fuel capacity and ship weapons are in the executable someplace, but I don't know where. Spend some time looking through an editor and you might be able to figure it out.

255 is indeed the max for a character, so you'll be looking for two characters.

In hexadecimal, 3300 is 0x0c1c.

The values are stored in little endian, which means it's stored in reverse. To convert 0x0c1c into little endian, split it into groups of two characters each - and if you don't have an even number of characters, add a 0 before the very first character. You'll notice that the pairing of two hex characters makes each pair into a byte - a value that can hold a number between 0 - 255)

So, with 0c1c, we can get two pairs of values, 0c and 1c (and if you convert these back to digits, that's 12 and 28). You'll find that the values will be stored as 1c 0c (or 28, 12). All you need to do to edit this is to take the new number you want, convert it, split it into bytes and then flip everything around.

To help you with the conversion of hex values, open up MS calculator (or if you have a scientific calculator with base-n functions you can use that instead), and switch to scientific mode. You can convert between decimal and hexadecimal values with the hex and dec radio buttons.

It sounds complicated, but once you've done it a few times, it'll come in real handy when you want to search for other known values in the executable.

- NKF

edit: Ah, yes, I see you've discovered that in the craft editing thread.

Edited by NKF