XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How About

Adun_Toridas

Yep... i post it here `cause in labs it seems that there`s no lotsa people watchin` in.

So... what about a part in the game in wich YOU COULD TORTURE THAT F***KING SECTOID LEADER, you captured the last mission (like a little game, so you may burn it`s feets, make some ants to bite him and so on...) :devilburn:

No, no, no! It's not torture. It's interrogation. The interrogators kindly befriend and persuade the captured alien to part with its valuable information. Before the interrogation is over, the alien will only be so glad - ever so glad - to tell you everything it knows.

The blood curdling screams from the labs and the broken fingers on the test subjects, and the increase in popcorn sales are another matter entirely. :D

- NKF

Edited by NKF

That would be nice.. yeeess.. torture :chainsaw:

If the idea of alien interrogation ct's stick.. we could add in some torture log entries maybe..

Perhaps sitting in front of him and slowly poking my eye with my finger.. or maybe even making him drink liquid elerium

I would love to put an naked ethereal inside an iron maiden :008:

Edited by Ruivo

Hmm, 24-style? Remember, though, that psi is not usable until later. Futhermore, it would probably be very difficult to overcome the language barrier, as some Aliens may not even have a spoken language. Imagine torturing that Alien to death without even knowing what he says! X-COM must have some sort of direct brain reader... or something. Interrogate those Ethereals while they are sedated.

If the idea of alien interrogation ct's stick.. we could add in some torture log entries maybe..

Actually plans to write these already exist. Of course it would only a sparetime project, but nevertheless... Anywho, until now noone had the sparetime to write something like this. But it will be eventually if all the CTs are finished. :)

Edited by Mad

Hmm, 24-style? Remember, though, that psi is not usable until later. Futhermore, it would probably be very difficult to overcome the language barrier, as some Aliens may not even have a spoken language. Imagine torturing that Alien to death without even knowing what he says! X-COM must have some sort of direct brain reader... or something. Interrogate those Ethereals while they are sedated.

I played a demo of that game. The interrogation looks like a good idea. ("Start talking NOW!!!")

But, the language barrier would be a problem, yes. Here's some examples, where the alien's speech is changed to English:

Calm interrogation-

Siegfried Esser: Just tell me what I want to know.

Sectoid: Um... okay? I don't know what you're saying to me.

Coaxing interrogation-

Siegfried Esser: Talk and we might be able to cut a deal.

Sectoid: I told you, I don't understand!

Aggressive interrogation-

Siegfried Esser: TALK, DAMMIT! (While holding Sectoid in a headlock.)

Sectiod: What is your problem? I don't know what the [insert obvious expletive here] you're trying to say!

...You get the idea.

Edited by feliciafan89

Diplomatic Immunity might be a better choice on his part :P

Any of you guys play "Evil Genius"? As part of the game you have to figure out HOW to torture the government agents. That is, figure out which of your devices will work on the different agents. Kind of fun watching the effects of the various machines, but it gets dull very quickly. No, the mind scrub didn't work, and the SAS officer's dead. Go get me another SAS officer, and take him to the dojo. No, that didn't work either, get another SAS, and try the workshop. etc.

However, it would probably take a lot of art work to implement.