XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Rated #8 Out Fo 100

Guest blaa

Still it means our community should have a LOT more room to grow. What's the scuttlebutt about how XcomUFO compares to the Xcom sites?

FFII not FFIII?

Still it means our community should have a LOT more room to grow.  What's the scuttlebutt about how XcomUFO compares to the Xcom sites?

FFII not FFIII?

I don't know how you want to compare them. There are a lot of ways to contrast them all. There's hits, bandwidth, forum members, forum posts/topics, search engine results, references from magazines :happybanana: and other stuff.....

• 8 months later...

And "Super Mario 64" and "Zelda ocarina of time" and "super metroid"!!!!

At least these 3 should be removed from the whole list! :cussing:

The fact alone that UFO made the top 10 when X-com Apocalypse didn't tells me the list has some serious errors

You think apoc is better than enemy unknown? :o

OMG!

edit

Don't get me wrong, I think apoc is an excellent game but x-com enemy unknown is something that other computer games will never achieve..

Edited by Nyyperoid

Enemy Unknown is the original x-com, however Apocalypse improves on most of the ideas and is far less buggy and adds a lot of great features. It's also much better balanced. Apocalypse is IMO what the original X-coms should have been like if Microprose would had have put enough time and resources on them. Edited by Whitewashed

wow starcraft's in there. though how come it beat x-com?

imo apoc is much buggier to get to run on recent systems than ufo/tftd (even dos versions). besides i don't like it. point :P

My top 10 in no particular order

Xcom UFO

Half-Life

Diablo 2

StarCraft

Duke Nukem

Tetris (how can a game so simple by so fun)

GoldenEye (n64 version)

Soul Calibure (arcade)

C&C (the original)

Edited by KGB

1. X-Com - Enemy Unknown

2. X-Com - Terror From The Deep

3. Warcraft 3 + The Frozen Throne

4. Diablo (Diablo 2 wasn't as addictive)

5. X-com - Apocalypse

6. Half-Life

7. Whole EA-sports NHL series. I know, it's sad :Blush:

8. Syndicate

9. GTA III Vice city

10. Mario Kart -> Super Nintendo That is the best console game EVER! (With friends, not alone)

I don't know how to describe what game is da "best" so I made this list like this.

1. Most addictive game I've ever had.

2. Second most addictive

3. Third most

4. And so on.

Edited by Nyyperoid

I played Covert Action on my Tandy 1000. I believe that was the game you could bring along several items like smoke grenades, an uzi. camera, safe cracking kit, etc. You usually had to go into like an office and steal documents. you could dive behind desks and if you made too much noise, by unleashing the fury of your uzi...the alarm went off...Wow that was a while ago.

Another great game that was on the list was Pirates!...I LOVED that game...and would love to get my hands on it now...if anyone happens to know where I could?

And "Super Mario 64" and "Zelda ocarina of time" and "super metroid"!!!!

At least these 3 should be removed from the whole list!  :cussing:

Whats this... someone soiling the great game name "Super Metroid!"

I CAST THEE INTO THE 5th LAYER OF heck!!!!!

Yeah! What's wrong with Super Metroid, king (queen? :)) of the Metroid series?

Nothings wrong with it, it's just that it shouldn't be in top 100 :D Edited by Nyyperoid

Lists - Bah.

I had one game that made it into the "top ten sports sims of all time" in Edge Magazine. :rock:

PS2 version of the same got Worst 5 ever made" at playstation.com :crying:

The funny thing was, due to publisher trouble, we never finished or released the PS2 version. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

HEH - Bit of a Microprose fan then PoeticJuggler. "Covert Action, from the files of Max Remington"

Edited by drewid

"Jimmy Whites Cueball World"

The edge thing was a real surprise, seeing as they hadn'#t reviewed it when it came out. It didn't get much marketing as Virgin was in the process of being "dismantled" by Titus at the time.

Edited by drewid

Damn that sounds familiar. Probably haven't heard it ever but somehow it sounds very familiar..

I played Covert Action on my Tandy 1000. I believe that was the game you could bring along several items like smoke grenades, an uzi. camera, safe cracking kit, etc. You usually had to go into like an office and steal documents. you could dive behind desks and if you made too much noise, by unleashing the fury of your uzi...the alarm went off...Wow that was a while ago.

yes, that'd be the one :D

i still play it on my PC thanks to good old DOSBox. to all that never saw it, here's a screenie. i would give you the game itself (about a floppy disk's size) but i'm not sure MPS considers it abandonware (although i extremely doubt they don't. made in 1992 for PC)

snap0035.png

HEH - Bit of a Microprose fan then PoeticJuggler. "Covert Action, from the files of Max Remington"

My Uncle actually used to work for Microprose...so ya.

Another great but old game was Dark Castle for the old old old Macintosh. That was one of the greatest games ever!

Your uncle, Who he?? US or UK??

CD32 version of pirates gold has a cute lil' intro. That was about the same time as the impossible mission remake IIRC

Edited by drewid

• 1 year later...

These are my favorites:

No particular order.

1. Final Fantasy 7 (9 was good too. 10 sucked..homo type main character too feminine to make the game interesting and damn annoying.)

2. XCom

3. High Heat Baseball 2k4

4. NFL Gameday (original '96)

5. Age Of Empires: The Conquerors (possibly the greatest thing ever invented..after guitars and guns)

6. Super Turbo Puzzle Fighter II (I still play it and it kills Tetris)

7. Half-Life

8. Tecmo Bowl (too much fun with brother and friends)

9. Desperados: Wanted Dead Or Alive (surprised that not alot of you talk about this game specially if you like Xcom)

If I had a choice to buy a remake it would most defenitely be Xcom. I don't see how no one has done this already. It would sell so I don't know what the problem is.

1. Half-life

2. Urban Assault (da 1337'est)

3. Final Fantasy 9/10/10-2

4. Birthright: Gorgons alliance

5. Starcraft / warcraft series

That would be it.

edit: Hey, wait! This topic is over a year old! :P

Edited by mikker

• 3 weeks later...

They should keep the console and computer games seperate. Putting them together sullies the list.

Or perhaps they should divide them according to genre... that might make more sense (and remove all the sports-related games that I'll never play anyway).

My opinion regarding sports games has always been the same: If you feel inclined to play them, just go outside and play the real thing.