XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Why Is "hell" A Bad Word?

Guest Azrael Strife

I agree.

The only reason to censor it would be strong religious belief, but in that case, if "h e l l" is censored, "heaven" and "god" should be, too. total equality. and why is "heck" better?

(and btw, the word itself can never be offensive, only the use of it. and that is a moderator decision. why not make blehm a global swear-word-moderator? would give him something to do :) )

I agree.

The only reason to censor it would be strong religious belief, but in that case, if "h e l l" is censored, "heaven" and "god" should be, too. total equality. and why is "heck" better?

(and btw, the word itself can never be offensive, only the use of it. and that is a moderator decision. why not make blehm a global swear-word-moderator? would give him something to do :) )

I agree with you there. And because blehm would probably use more swear-words than the rest of the posters :P

I do, i specifically steer away from using certain words, and prefer to forget that they are hidden away in my mind, ready to pop out if i forget to control what i say. Yes, go through every post i have ever made, and in only one that i remember, i used ** to bleet it out. I personally consider typing it with ** as typing it really, just i didn't think that then. But that was well over a year ago, so hah

I wouldn't say I was religious in the least, but I respect the opinions of anybody, whether they be religiously based or not. Thus in my opinion, it doesn't matter whether swear words, religious or otherwise, are filtered from the forums as I can use other words to replace them.

If Micah, and others, feel that it is an inappropiate term to use in the forums, then so be it. I am not particularly bothered by it.

Dum dee dum dum...whom am I? I am whom? But more to the point...Why art thou swearing to whom? May it be your thoughts? May it be those kids walking down the street trying to analyzing your every move? May it be a benefit to rise with them? Set a better example by showing them the maturity.

HAHA, couldn't resist. :wink1:

Dum dee dum dum...whom am I? I am whom? But more to the point...Why art thou swearing to whom? May it be your thoughts? May it be those kids walking down the street trying to analyzing your every move? May it be a benefit to rise with them? Set a better example by showing them the maturity.

But it's all true, Kratos. Lead by example. B)

- Zombie

Hah. Did somebody deleted my post, or I did never post it? :blink:

Or maybe I posted, but in different thread. Or maybe it was different forum. Or I dreamed of posting? Well, you got me confused here. Now I have to meditate, review my memory and filter dreams from reality. :wacko:

*walks away babbling silently*

(or better still review my keylogger :)).

What? :huh:

i don't think you're missing any posts, but i do seem to remember there being one more by you, but what i thought was in it is in another one of your posts

• 4 weeks later...
The slippery slope of subjective censorship is best avoided by staying at the very top of the slope, or the very bottom. It's much cleaner at the top, and at worst forces us to use more of the English vocabulary we were supposedly taught.