XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD-Extra! Alien Activity In The News.

Last updated Jun 9, 10:00

Okay, some people have expressed interest in having articles on alien activity in Xenocide. Here's a thead for inventing all the news on aliens that you can imagine.

To start: Man gives birth to bug-eyed child! :blink:

Mods: I dunno if this will be 1.0, or if it belongs in the labs.

[b]Index:[/b]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=1#"]Aliens land near boston![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=2#"] World War 2 leftovers kill millions![/url] [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=3#"] (revision)[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=5#"] Paris in Shock![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=9#"] Me Daddy's an Alien![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=10#"] Corn Circles in Indian rice field[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=12#"] Aliens Stole My Cows![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=18#"] Man gives birth to bug eyed child[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=20#"] Unidentified Objects Recorded in Orbit Around Earth[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=22#"]Small town near Perth ambushed[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=23#"]Superhumans save Russian farmer[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=25#"]Secret Government Agency Combatting Alien Menace[/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=26#"]Famous Music Sensation is really an alien![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=30#"] Half of capital city population has gone missing![/url]
[url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4460&st=37#"]Scientists report breakthrough in energy recovery [/url] Edited by Robo Dojo 58

I had an image in the other thread, just to illustrate the idea. (see here: [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3273&st=0#)"]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...pic=3273&st=0#)[/url]

Building on that:

[quote][b]Aliens land near Boston![/b]
Yesterday night a flying saucer has landed near Boston. Survivors of the incident claimed that THEY were grey little men with large heads. Being questions by the local police they felt unable to give a coherent picture of the events or even bring them in a chronological order.
Local policeofficer J. Markov called them "the usual nuts" and said that no investigation will be issued, having received notice that a weather baloon had been flying over Boston that very night.

However we of [tabloid] decided to look for ourselves!
Read the breath-taking report by our very own Melanie Johnson on page 7![/quote]

heres one of the attack on paris :D

[quote]World War 2 leftovers kill millions!
central paris reduced to rubble!

No-one had anticipated this the evening the 6th of January 2011, when a sudden roar could be heard in frence, followed by an earthquake. A giant explosion rocked the fondament of Paris, and made it colapse. The explosion went out half a in radius, and covered most of Paris in flames. The following shockwave rocked the surrounding area, making most of the buildings crash. Rescue team are still looking for corpses, and the current ammount of dead are staggering: 1,4 million and cunting.

The goverment (or those that are left of it) have no idea what this could be, but they suspect Germany of digging a tunnel under the city and placing huge ammount of explosives doing the 2nd world war. The plan was to wrack the place. This however, seemed to only be a counter-messure if Hitler couldn't keep control of France. At least, thats how they think.

Several witnesses say they have seen a big unidentified flying object above the city, but the goverment deny this. We are still following up the case.

Woman broke her leg!
Terrible news!

A older woman have yesterday broken her left leg while walking arrond in the park. She fell and are now demanding justice. The case is still hot, and the people are on her site. Furthermore....[/quote] Edited by mikker

[quote]World War 2 leftovers kill millions!
[color="red"]Central Paris[/color] reduced to rubble!

No-one had anticipated [color="red"]the events on the[/color] evening the 6th of January 2011, when a sudden roar could be heard [color="red"]throughout France[/color], followed by an earthquake. A giant explosion rocked the [color="red"]fundaments[/color] of Paris and made it [color="red"]collapse[/color]. The explosion went out half a [color="red"]kilometer[/color] in radius, and covered most of Paris in flames. The following shockwave rocked the surrounding area, making most of the buildings crash. Rescue team are still looking for [color="red"]survivors but report more and more[/color] corpses, [color="red"]while[/color] the current ammount of [color="red"]casualties is[/color] staggering: 1,4 million and cunting.

The goverment (or those that are left of it) have no idea what this could be, but they suspect Germany [color="red"]having left large ammounts of explosives in underground compartments before they left the city during World War 2[/color]. The plan was to wrack the place[color="red"], crippel morale and infrastructure on their way out[/color]. This however, seemed to only be a counter-[color="red"]meassure[/color] if Hitler couldn't keep control of France. [color="red"]German officials claim to have not come across any evidence in the last seven decades of studying Nazi documents. Experts say the theory may be "catching but false".[/color]

Several witnesses say they have seen a big unidentified flying object above the city, but the goverment [color="red"]is denying[/color]. We are still following up the case.[/quote]

I hope you don't mind me changing the text and giving it a slightly different touch.

I like the idea of having other news there as well. It might be fun to read the sidestories when you've played through the game a few times. :rolleyes:

Mhhh 1,4 million people would justify lots of things (but not an undercover thing, that is for sure) I would make it a LITTLE lower. Like lets say 3000 people. That can sounds like a terrorist attack, while open to activate a funding of an undercover agency. What do you think?

... On the other side, the Nazi idea doesnt sounds good... we are against using certain topics like Nazis, current terrorism, etc. I know you guys can find a way to make it appealing without have to resort to that kind of stuff.

Greetings
Red Knight

Alright...

[quote][b]Paris in shock![/b]

Yesterday evening an explosion sounded over the whole Paris area. Several locals reported to have woken by the sound of breaking glass and the accompanying flash of light.
When rescue teams arrived in the center of town they were met by an image of disaster and tragedy. The whole area had been crushed and burned. Most buildings had fallen onto the streets burying people and cars beneath them.

Some firemen told us that a stench of death had already risen over the debris.

While international rescue teams and humanitarian organizations are moving in to help the search for survivors, to assist in the treatment of thousands of wounded and to clear the wreckage, governmental officials are still trying to find a suspect.

Some experts point towards radical political and religious groups like [some generic bad group] others claim it might have been a scientific experiment gone awry. Latter thesis is supported by [Greenpeace] activists who claim to have information about illegal nuklear tests in French laboratories.

A few eye-witnesses claimed to have seen a huge beam of light decending from the sky. While some say it was a godly punishment for the sins of this part of town - well known night-club "Moulin Rouge" was destroyed - others suspect aliens to have been involved.

We will have to wait for the official investigation due within a year's time.

All this will not help the bereaved of the 4017 victims identified so far.[/quote]

yeah, your quite right red knight, didn't really think of that. Sorry for me killing 1,4 million, but i like to have the power to kill imaginated people :evillaugh:

that sounds alot better Fabguy (godly punishment :P).

I would suggest that these articles could be seen in 2 spots: the headlines could flash by during the game's intro, just showing what things are leading up to; and then as additional texts within the X-Net, building off the intro entry about whatthe player starts with. The idea of starting with tabloids, followed by more mainstream media as it becomes accepted as true, followed by formal government statements that the issue is being dealt with, would be a good progression IMO.

[quote][b]Me daddy's an alien![/b]

This quote of George Z. (5 years old) from the UK summarizes a year-long agony he and his mother Jane (27) have gone through.

Jane Z. says that she had been kidnapped and impregnated by aliens, who she refers to as "the bigheads", when she was 22.

She had been working in her old profession of pizza delivery girl when a large, white light appeard over and around her car. Her 1973 Vauxhall went dead and couldn't be restarted.
In pure terror young Jane screamed and tried to exit the car only to realize that it was too late! Her car was already in the air, floating several meters above the ground!

After that her memory is a blur of pain, light, screaming and sexual abuse.

She awoke in her car eight weeks after that dreadful night - to find herself pregnant and carrying a baby boy beneath her heart.

In the following years Jane made it her prime directive to protect her son against any human and alien threat that might arise. George has never seen a school from the inside or been at the doctor's. "Too dangerous", claims his mother adding that "the [Men in Suits] will notice and take him away with them."

Today is the anniversary of that night when Jane was kidnapped.[/quote]

[quote][b]Corn Circles in Indian rice field[/b]

Tuesday of last week will forever stay in the memory of Mahrad U. (53) as he saw a Corn Circle in his rice field in Rahjastan, India. The elderly man in just enough clothes to cover his most private parts had wanted to water his rice field when he realized it had been vandalized. Two large circles and a connecting line between them had been imprinted on his crops, destroying this summers harvest.

Government representatives said it was just "some kids playing a trick" on the old man. However, many mysteries persist and Mahrad is still waiting for compensation.[/quote]

What I'd like to know is: are these stories what you'd expect? Are they to short? Is the tone correct or should it be more "catching" or maybe less?

Do we wish to create it as templates so the names/places are interchangeable?

[quote][b]Aliens Stole My Cows![/b]

Memorial Day started off as a every other day for Billy Bob Beuford, of Jackson Hole, WY.  He marched out of his house in the predawn darkness to begin milking his cows, as he does every morning.  Imagine his surprise at seeing a gigantic spaceship landed next to his barn.  He rushed for the ship, shotgun in hand, and arrived just in time to see the last of his cattle prodded into the ship by bizarre, floating aliens.  "These weren't none of them little bug eyed grey critters, like the ones what took my cousin Doris Lee last week.  These things were a weird purple color and had big horns coming out of their heads." said Billy Bob, "I yelled for them to let loose of my cows and one pointed this weird gun at me.  I just barely ducked round the corner afore a whole section of my barn wall done blasted out into the field.  By the time I turned round the ship was already flying off with Bessie and the rest of the herd.  What am I gonna do now?"

No trace is left of Mr. Beuford's herd, though strange markings were left in the field near the barn.[/quote]

FabGuy: like the newspapers, maybe more "this cannot be true"ishness and making it more dramatic, but don't go too far offtopic. Thats about that, it looks fine as it is now, maybe a tad more dramatic tho.

Anthraxus: Sounds nice, but you shouldn't desribe the Satyrians yet. Maybe a little later when a concept have been agreed.

Yeah, the Satyrian concept is done, and last I heard it was modeled and in the process of texturing. Drewid's concept is what's being used at this point.

As to stories, they can vary in length, but I wouldn't get into too much detail, just a quick news bulletin that you might find linked off of news.google.com, like what people are posting here.

[quote][b]Man gives birth to bug-eyed child[/b]

Yesterday an Ukrainian man gave birth to a bug-eyed child. Pictures showing the baby and his father show the apparent similarities between the both rendering all claims of fraud wrong.
We of [AliensweN] have talked to the man asking for more insight. In his barely understandable English Yuri claimed that he had been kidnapped by aliens in coats about three months ago.

He did not remember much of his stay in the UFO but afterwards he began to gain weight by the kilos only to now deliver a baby.
The birth had to take place in a controlled area as the baby simply ripped his belly open from it's makeshift womb which was actually a pocket of skin near Yuri's bellybutton.

Doctors treated Yuri's wounds and he is up and running again.

As Yuri's kid "Vasily" is growing while we speak and needs lots of food and clothing we of [AliensweN] ask you to donate! Help poor Yuri to sometime learn of Vasily's origin.[/quote]

[quote name='Breunor' date='Jun 1 2004, 04:38 PM']Yeah, the Satyrian concept is done, and last I heard it was modeled and in the process of texturing. Drewid's concept is what's being used at this point.[/quote]
ok, sorry, i still though it was a concept.

Well, if we are going to use this thread as a collection point for these then we should institute some standards to make it easy for data collection later. Maybe include the Category of the report: Tabloid, Newspaper, TV copy, Government Announcement, and keep putting the stories themselves in the qouteblock. Similiar to the Newsreport below.

[b][u]Newspaper[/u][/b]
[quote][b]Unidentified Objects Recorded in Orbit Around Earth[/b]
Sources at NASA and EUSA have both confirmed recent reports of large unidentified objects that have been discovered in orbit.  The objects, which range in size from a few meters to several hundred, are said to be detected as they pass through the Van Allen belts.
"These are only short detections," said Dr. Ewans of NASA, " and they seem to be increasing over time.  Our LEO spectrometers have been getting semi-regular readings of geometic objects entering and leaving our atmosphere.  What this means, we are still investigating."[/quote]

I have started an index in my first post, ready to be expanded as more articles are added. Mods are welcome to edit it and keep it up to date, as well. :)

You might want to sort your index with the categories suggested by Anthraxus.

[u][b]Newspaper[/b][/u]
[quote][b]Small town near Perth ambushed[/b]

As local newspapers reported the small town of [Bunbury] was ambushed two days ago. The devastation is amazing.

Survivor's reports indicate that the ambushers arrived at 2 o'clock in the morning at the southern end of town. Their route let them through the streets like a swarm of termites or locusts.

On their way they shot all living being they encountered, including [Jimbo Jones], the mayor, and at least seven police officers.

The number of ambushers is still uncertain - officials said it might have been around two dozens - but their looks are more of a puzzle. Some survivors claimed they were small and all wore large head-prostetics. Others claimed them to be dressed in tight green jumpers and wearing red facial masks.

Some groups blame a religious group to be behind the attack while internet newsgroups accuse aliens to be the ambushers.

Officials said that the threat is taken very seriously and that they are issueing an undeclared number of army troops to protect all towns against the group and to search the area for them.[/quote] Edited by FabGuy

[u][b]Tabloid[/b][/u]
[quote][b]Superhumans save Russian farmer[/b]

Alexander Chrustov has a new group of heros. The 34 years old farmer living in south-western Russia was saved by a group of superhumans as he discribes them.

He reported being attack by aliens - those well known aliens we of [AliensweN] frequently report of. This time they have come to steal two of Alex's cows and conduct some weired experiment on another cow. However Alexander tried to protect his property and took one of the aliens out with his hunting rifle.

This understandable reaction of his was answered with laserfire by the aliens so he had to hide inside his barn. That was also the place where he heard the engines of a second space-ship.

While already thinking his end had come he realized that the laser-shooting had kicked in again. When he looked out of his barn he saw the new arrivals being human and furthermore - fighting back the aliens.
"They had super-strong bodies and shot with lightning!" says Alexander.

We will continue to cover this story and dig up all we can about these people. The first hint is a golden axe - it is their logo, as Alexander could tell us on phone.[/quote]

this all sounds very kewl.
where do i sign on to one of these tabloids?

What exactly do you mean A_dx?

[b][u]Tabloid[/u][/b]
[quote][b]Secret Government Agency Combatting Alien Menace[/b]
[i]Are you at risk?[/i]
A reliable anonymous source, highly placed in the White House, has told this reporter that several governments from around the world have gathered and created a secret military, funded by black ops and misappropriated money, to combat the extraterrestrial and supernatural threats of the world.  This advanced military unit exists outside of the law of the various countries that created it, and are expected to swoop in and save the day when a abnormal threat appears.
However, since {AliensweN} has begun reporting on the recent surge of alien and supernatural attacks, even more reports have been pouring about about the damage this para-military unit causes.  Sure they kill the aliens, but at what expense to civilians they are supposed to be protecting?  Dr. Abe Begoda, of the Helsinki Institute of Advanced Studies,
[i]continued on page 23[/i][/quote] Edited by Anthraxus

I think A Dx is making a joke that he wants a subscription to these tabloids. :D

Anyway;
[i]National Exchaggerator: The Best experts on aliens, crop circles, and conspiracies![/i]
[b]Famous Music Sensation is really an alien![/b]
[quote]Earlier today, National Exchaggerator reporters uncovered the real threat. We have long reported on the threat of ex-tra terrestial beings coming and invading Earth. Over the years we've shocked you with first hand accounts, such as the "Bubba Hick Stories." We've revealed classified government documents that were never meant to see the light of day, especially Project Pinkbook. We've frightened you with actual pictures of aliens and ufos, such as the famous picture of Lassie Shaking paws with an alien.

Now, we [b]know[/b] what's going on! Elvis has been sighted exiting a UFO that landed at the small town of Nowhere Alabamba! Charity Fooz has more on that story...
<A picture of Elvis with large, almond shape eyes is displayed below the article>

Continued on page 69[/quote] Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

CPL. Facehugger, i must say that i don't really like that text :)

1) for religius reasons.
2) you reveal the ending

Tommy....i am JEEBUSS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

These are great! :D

I think we should stick to four basic types:

1. ones that back up the introduction document (like the France one) which don't really refere to UFO's as the subject of thier piece, (but we know really caused the incident)

2. Ridiculous tabliod one from before [10/5] that later on are possibly true

3. Really rediculous tabloid ones that bascially put the rest into disrepute.

4. Ones about [10/5]

[quote name='MagicAndy' date='Jun 8 2004, 06:41 PM']These are great! :D

I think we should stick to four basic types:

1. ones that back up the introduction document (like the France one) which don't really refere to UFO's as the subject of thier piece, (but we know really caused the incident)

2. Ridiculous tabliod one from before [10/5] that later on are possibly true

3. Really rediculous tabloid ones that bascially put the rest into disrepute.

4. Ones about [10/5][/quote]
I have to agree on this one. But we should limit the REALLY redicules ones, they should be more like fluff texts :)

heres another one

a newspost.
[quote]Half of capital city population has gone missing!

The 'Arms Baleen' part of Madrid in central Portugal, a very new part of town that was recently build, was a city constructed by the world best architects and the creations of the sculpture artists formed the buildings. But on the 9th of April that was about to change. According to witnesses talking in the phone, there was a sudden electrical disorder, and all contact with the surrounding area had stopped. Only several days after, it came out that half of Madrid citizen were vanished from the planet surface...literally.
Several witnesses (some even came on the same day) reported people ‘floating up into the air’. This may or may not be true, but the fact is that only the citizen in the high tech buildings have led the designers into believing that the design is what they call “dangerous flashy”, meaning it attracts too much attention from whoever they may be. They have also started a huge evacuation of Beijing; due to most of the Arms Baleen technology originate from the city. We are still following up the case.
Madrid is now in total darkness. Even though the ‘attack’ is now several days late, the area is still in electrical disorder, and scientists estimate that whatever caused this is also to blame on the population gone missing.[/quote] Edited by mikker

[quote name='Breunor' date='Jun 1 2004, 01:38 PM']Drewid's [Satyrian] concept is what's being used at this point.[/quote]

Drewid's Model... Fux0r's concept. Geez. ^_^

editted original quote to include satyrian. Edited by fux0r666

[quote name='mikker' date='Jun 9 2004, 07:58 AM']a newspost.
[quote]
Half of capital city population has gone missing!

The 'Arms Baleen' part of Madrid in central Portugal, a very new part of town that was recently build, was a city constructed by the world best architects and the creations of the sculpture artists formed the buildings. But on the 9th of April that was about to change. According to witnesses talking in the phone, there was a sudden electrical disorder, and all contact with the surrounding area had stopped. Only several days after, it came out that half of Madrid citizen were vanished from the planet surface...literally.
Several witnesses (some even came on the same day) reported people ‘floating up into the air’. This may or may not be true, but the fact is that only the citizen in the high tech buildings have led the designers into believing that the design is what they call “dangerous flashy”, meaning it attracts too much attention from whoever they may be. They have also started a huge evacuation of Beijing; due to most of the Arms Baleen technology originate from the city. We are still following up the case.
Madrid is now in total darkness. Even though the ‘attack’ is now several days late, the area is still in electrical disorder, and scientists estimate that whatever caused this is also to blame on the population gone missing.[/quote] [/quote]
My geographic knowledge may be sketchy, but I'm quite positive there's a Madrid in Spain... so I'm wondering why Portugal would name a city Madrid? :wacko:

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Jun 9 2004, 11:49 AM']My geographic knowledge may be sketchy, but I'm quite positive there's a Madrid in Spain... so I'm wondering why Portugal would name a city Madrid? :wacko:[/quote]
indeed, Madrid is the capital of (and in the center of) Spain. don't offend Portugal like that :P Edited by SupSuper

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Jun 9 2004, 07:27 AM'][quote name='j'ordos' date='Jun 9 2004, 11:49 AM'] My geographic knowledge may be sketchy, but I'm quite positive there's a Madrid in Spain... so I'm wondering why Portugal would name a city Madrid? :wacko:[/quote]
indeed, Madrid is the capital of (and in the center of) Spain. don't offend Portugal like that :P [/quote]
Second that! DON NOT OFFEND THE PORTUGUESE!!! ^_^ :P

what? i wrote portugal? Woops, sorry :hammer:

a complete and permenent blackout only...that would do it, i agree.

[b][u]Newspaper[/u][/b]
[quote][b]Scientists report breakthrough in energy recovery[/b]

A team of international scientists claim to have come to a breakthrough in energy recovery technics. Their paper indicates that with the help of a newly found element called [Elerium-115] the energy problems of this world have come to an end.
They claim to have reached an efficiency of over 70 per cent which is an extraordinary value in itself. Furthermore they claim that their new technique produces no waste products at all.

Peers are reviewing the papers and make sure their claims are valid.[/quote]

Something that might occur after X-Corps researched that stuff. I think they would release some of the research as a side-benefit for financing countries.

[quote name='FabGuy' date='Jun 9 2004, 09:28 AM'][b][u]Newspaper[/u][/b]
[quote]
[b]Scientists report breakthrough in energy recovery[/b]

A team of international scientists claim to have come to a breakthrough in energy recovery technics. Their paper indicates that with the help of a newly found element called [Elerium-115] the energy problems of this world have come to an end.
They claim to have reached an efficiency of over 70 per cent which is an extraordinary value in itself. Furthermore they claim that their new technique produces no waste products at all.

Peers are reviewing the papers and make sure their claims are valid.[/quote]

Something that might occur after X-Corps researched that stuff. I think they would release some of the research as a side-benefit for financing countries. [/quote]
hmmmmm.....

1) its effectivity is 99.9%.

2) we cannot reproduce Xenium, so its pretty stupid to release technology about something you don't really have.

• 1 month later...
Here's one:

"Nuclear Scare Finally Ebbed. --Daniel Weishaupt

Cityvale officals have finally conceeded today that the disasterous nuclear waste spill that forced half of the city's population from their homes has been successfully dealt with by emergency cleanup crews dispatched by FEMA's Special Deployments Division. The spill, caused by a major reactor leak in the Hartford Nuclear Power Provision plant just south of Shady Lane road, was cited as "a situation of incredible concern" by Emergency Response Unit Chief Patrick Hughes. In compliance with national safety laws, all residents within a large radius of the leak were forced to vacate their homes while the Special Deployments Division dealt with the difficult task of cleaning up.

Within three days time, the restrictions have been lifted and citizens are thankfully returning to their homes in relief. "We're just glad this is over for now," Chief of Police Roderick Grey said earlier this morning. "I don't want to see something of this scale anywhere near this place again, that's for sure." Exhibiting a somewhat apprehensive posture, he wished to extend his gratitude to those risking their lives to contain the problem.

Though the problem was speedily dealth with, there were some with strange feelings about the temporary, but harrowing affair.

"I don't recall hearing anything suspicious." said one woman who was asked to leave her home Saturday night. "One minute I was watching TV, the next I was being funneled out the door by a bunch of government guys. It was all kinda creepy."

"Funny, but I don't recall ever having painted this wall this way," Chuck Ford, a Cityvale resident suspiciously pointed out, showing us a section of the outside of his home that seemed to have been discolored, as if painted over or replaced. "I guess I just never noticed it, but it seems different somehow. Ever since I got back, that is. I don't know what the deal is."

Though the event was quite chilling for those involved, thankfully there were no significant injuries to report."

--Quiet cover-up for one of X-Corps anti-terror urban operations. What do you think?

• 1 month later...