XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Craft Values Found!

60mm

I found the values for the crafts!!! Woot!!! Found em using Cygnus Hex Editor and 010 Editor. 010 is easier to search with, but for some reason when I save my changes with it, the game wont load. So I'm using 010 to find, Cygen to edit. Anyhow, heres the string of values a few

f8 02 02 00 dc 05 96 00 04 00-00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0e 00 03 00 38 02 d4 fe-01 00 Skyranger

1c 0c 08 00 1e 00 20 03 04 00 00 00 00 00-00 00 00 00 0c 00 00 00 3c 02 70 fe 02 00 Lightning

18 15 0a 00 3c 00 b0 04 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1a 00 04 00 3d 02 06 ff 02 00 Avenger

68 10 09 00 14 00 f4 01 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 b2 02 64 00 02 00 Firestorm

Spd__Ac___Fuel__Ar_____________________________CC__HW

Spd=Maximum Speed

Ac= Acceleration

Ar=Damage Cpacity (armor)

CC=Cargo Capacity

HW=HWP capacity

Only thing left to find is the weapon pods value.

You should be able to search for "f8 02 00 dc 05" with any hex editor and find it, its near the end.

If anyone wants to edit their stuff, heres what I picked up today. Every characteristic is represented by 4 characters, like "f8 02". Switch the 2 groupings to make "02f8" and run it through a hex>decimal converter like this one. You'll get 760, which is the Skyranger's speed. So if you wanted it to have a speed of 1300, run it through the converter to get 514. Put a 0 in front to make it 4 digits, 0540. No split the number in half, 05 40, and switch the 2 to get "40 05". Thats what youll switch the original "f8 02" with. *whew* I'm so proud I figured this out.

*note* When you change the fuel capacity of a craft, the amount of fuel it has at the moment does not change. So if you have a Skyranger in your hangar at 100% (default 1500 fuel) and you change it to 50 fuel, when you load the game it will show it at 3000% fuel. After you burn through that tank though, it will fill to only 50 as you specified. This weirded me out, until I realized what was going on.

Next up, I'm going to remove the ramp to the lightning and give it a 2x2 Grav lift with capability to carry 1 or 2 hwp's and 6-8 troops. Plus a fuel capacity that makes it useable.

Edited by 60mm

Next up, I'm going to remove the ramp to the lightning and give it a 2x2 Grav lift

Spiffy! A grav lift would be a lot more interesting than a simple ramp, in my opinion. Plus, you could get out in a better position to hide behind the landing gear, which can be really important when you're first getting started. Or you could just get lazy and throw a smoke grenade, but that's less fun. :)

Next up, I'm going to remove the ramp to the lightning and give it a 2x2 Grav lift

Spiffy! A grav lift would be a lot more interesting than a simple ramp, in my opinion. Plus, you could get out in a better position to hide behind the landing gear, which can be really important when you're first getting started. Or you could just get lazy and throw a smoke grenade, but that's less fun. :)

Ok, update.

I got the Lightning to take a HWP. Problem is I can't figure out how to change the spawn points, so it spawns in a space with 3 squares. So the tank gets cut up and shows up all spread out in the ship. The second you move, it re-assembles it self, but that looks lame. Also, I cant figure out how to get grav lifts to work in any of the x-com crafts. When ever I use mapview to place one, it just shows up as a piece of a ufo wall in xcom. :(

Those are my only problems right now. Fuel, cargo, etc are changed easily and show up in the ufopaedia. If anyone wants to help, itd be appreciated. Empyrean, lets make the Lightning fun and useable. I put the power source in the middle on the west wall with a podium lookin thing on either side to clear up the middle, looks good and functions in game.

Task Summary:

• Grav lift (3x3) in middle of Lightning. This will allow HWPs and troop deployment behind landing gears.
  • Spawn Points corrected.

P.S. I gave the Lightning the same fuel capacity as the Avenger normally has. Also, I plan on giving the Avenger a very large fuel capacity. I mean heck, it can fly to Mars . . . Also, I just thought of something thatd be cool. Imagine if we could make the ground level of the Lightning already be filled with smoke. Like the ship lands and discharges a cloud of smoke automatically for the troops exiting. That'd be sweet and let me stop filling general store space with smoke grenades. What do you think?

Edited by 60mm

I don't really know anything about editing the map files, so I wouldn't be much help there. When I'm editing the values I do it in binary. I'd like to be able to change the craft and ship weapon values, though.

I have no idea whether the smoke thing would be possible or not, but it would be pretty cool. Your attack/transport craft is loaded with dry ice for a professional-wrestling style entry into the battlefield. :)

I don't really know anything about editing the map files, so I wouldn't be much help there. When I'm editing the values I do it in binary. I'd like to be able to change the craft and ship weapon values, though.

I have no idea whether the smoke thing would be possible or not, but it would be pretty cool. Your attack/transport craft is loaded with dry ice for a professional-wrestling style entry into the battlefield. :)

Give it a whirl with Mapview

• 1 year later...

*Bump*

Cos I guessed the weapons are near the crafts I managed to find them without much trouble and finally was able to raise the laser cannon to a normal (usefull) range.

It's late here, I'll post the values for plasma/laser (found those today) here tomorrow. If anyone needs the remaining craft weapons I'll dig em up as well.

I could edit range/dmg/reloadtime/acc atm, not sure about ammo though.

Btw: Frankly the new values show up in Ufopedia as well, not sure why the plasma cannons accuracy is wrong there (in the game files it's 50pct too!).

See the Craft Armaments page at the X-COM wiki as well as this topic at the StrategyCore forums. :wink1:

- Zombie