Png Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_eric100013_*

Guest_eric100013_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

i need help figureing out how to make transperant areas on png pictures for some characters i'm making

#2 dteviot

dteviot

Programming Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

i need help figureing out how to make transperant areas on png pictures for some characters i'm making

Well, it depends on the editor you're using.
If your using Gimp, as any good little OOS developer should, look up transparency in the Gimp manuals.
Or, you could read this: http://www.fabiovise...arent_image.asp
Saving the world from the scum of the universe is hard work. Especially when you have to create the scum to begin with.

#3 Guest_eric100013_*

Guest_eric100013_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

i just want some sort of pictur editing program with transperancy, i don't want to waste my time downlaodign gimp because of all the extra features

i have dialup so gimp takes about an houre to download

know any specific png editors?

#4 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:43 PM

i just want some sort of pictur editing program with transperancy, i don't want to waste my time downlaodign gimp because of all the extra features

here is a list of png supported editors - http://www.libpng.or...ng/pngaped.html
it gives enough information that you can decide for yourself. But I too will chime in a recommend gimp as likely your best 'free' option. The hour investment to download it will be worthwhile as you have far more control over what you're doing.

Edited by Popek, 25 July 2007 - 04:43 PM.

#5 Sporb

Sporb

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:26 AM

i recommend Adobe Photoshop if you can get yer mits on a copy. Its most definately not cheap nor easy to use but one you get used to it its extremely flexible and powerfull.

#6 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

I've heard that this is pretty good for generally everything.