XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Snd - Active Music - Groundbattle Win

Cavoe

Originlally Battle.MP3. Tightened up the sounds a bit and took ATeX's advice on mastering. Sounds like a whole new song with EQ and panning :D

Victory At Any Cost

Critique away!

Edited by Cavoe

sounds VERY nice! Extremely nice job.

Just one thing: It's a bit long for the pretty short 'mission won' screen. I would make the 0:36 thing come much closer. But I like it, no doubt about it.

A "bit" long, mikker?

LOL

It could probably do with being only about a third of it's current length, unless you're going to be sitting through long debriefs.

Hehe, true... I got carried away doing this one. I'll see if I can trim it down a bit and repost for additional ideas :D

you could properly cut even more off, but that is pretty much the only constructive comment I could give this. The 0:12 thing should only come unce IMO, so that would be an additional 17 minutes cut off (0:12 - 0:29). But it sounds pretty nice.

17 minutes?! It's only 1 min long :wacko: . Anyway, I'll see what I can do to get it to arround 35-45 seconds when I get off work. Edited by Cavoe

17 minutes?!  It's only 1 min long :wacko:  . Anyway, I'll see what I can do to get it to arround 35-45 seconds when I get off work.

duh >.

won't get any better then this! Absolute perfect length! A VERY little bit more loopable would be nice, but everything looks (or rather, sounds) nice to me.

Let's see... nice work. Feels a lot better than the first version. But it still is quite primitive and needs that *punch*. I get the feeling: "where's the rest?". So it still isn't finished.

I'm not shure for how long you've been writing music, but I suggest you keep on writing on completely new versions. Throw everything away and start over again. To give you an idea, I'm on my 9th version of the main theme now and I'm still not satisfied. Making a succesful track needs 10% inspiration and 90% labor. You're going into the good direction, now keep going that way! ;)

And don't listen to Mikker as I felt multiple times that he doesn't know what he says. Good luck!

cheers,

ATeX

Edited by ATeX

Okay, sorry then. But I was the only one replying...

Don't listen to me then, apperently I don't know what real music is.

If my thoughts are so diffrent then yours, Atex, I'll just stop critizing. I don't want to ruin stuff...

Edited by mikker

Heh, I'm still quite new at writing music, But I though this was pretty good. I guess I'll start fresh and incorporate the ideas from this one into a new one and see how that sounds.

It's great for first compositions! And it's great the gap has been closed too as we didn't have tracks for this yet. And I told you, you're going into the right direction! Just keep evolving that way. I'm shure that you'll come out with some 'kick arse'-track some day. ;) Just trying to encourage you to evolve into this music/sfx business.

Mikker, please don't take me wrong. I think you're doing a great job in here! Just... don't comment something too fast.

cheers,

ATeX

Edited by ATeX

It's great for first compositions! And it's great the gap has been closed too as we didn't have tracks for this yet. And I told you, you're going into the right direction! Just keep evolving that way. I'm shure that you'll come out with some 'kick arse'-track some day. ;) Just trying to encourage you to evolve into this music/sfx business.

Mikker, please don't take me wrong. I think you're doing a great job in here! Just... don't comment something too fast.

cheers,

ATeX

I understand what your intent is. Thanks :D

Like I said, I'll sit down after work and see what I can do for the next level of this track. There are some things I'd like to change in it, like getting the rhythm strings to sound more natural and several other things. Thanks for both your comments. Mikker, ATeX :)