XCOMUFO & Xenocide

0.7.1062 Won't Work!

Taco Sombrero

:( UFO 2000 version 0.7.1062 will not work for me, I can install it fine, but when I when I try to open the game it goes to a blank screen. The only way out is to press Alt + Tab. Ufo 2000 is than minimized and there is a small window called "UFO2000 Error!" It says, "Assert failed at line 36 of mingw-libs/include/allegro/inline/rle.inl" and an ok button when I press ok it makes some critical error noise and another small window appears, it's called, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and it says, "Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\UFO2000 BETA\UFO2000.EXE abnormal program termination" and again, an ok button. When I press it the window dissapears and UFO 2000 closes. I'm using Windows 98, but that can't be the problem, I've uninstalled all older versions of UFO 2000 but the same thing happens. I even restarted the computer when the installation program finished downloading and shut off the computer and unpluged it after installation. Exact same results every time. I wonder if anyone could figure out how to get this version working, because I can't.