XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Aliens Vs. Decepticons

NKF

X-Com aliens vs. Decepticons  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it seems to be that latest fad lately to pair up the X-Com groups against our other favourite pop culture series. Since everyone is doing it, I might as well introduce a pairing with a group from one of my other favourite time-wasting hobby besides X-Com.

This time the evil Decepticons from the Transformers. How would they fare against the X-Com aliens (any series) and their deviously dastardly mind games and destructive devices?

No generation in particular, although G1 would probably be the funniest. If you don't know what I'm talking about - don't worry, just pretend that you do, it'll work out better that way. :D

As per the usual rules: explain your reasoning!

I'll remain impartial on this and will null my vote - in any case I didn't include the option that I would've picked. ;)

Other fun and probably mind boggling pairings for future consideration include X-Com or X-Com aliens vs. International Rescue/SG-1/Cobra/Batman/the Red Dwarf crew/A-Team/KITT/Razak Roughnecks (that's the CGI series' spelling)/Daleks/Kilrathi/Tripods/Gigantor or Big Guy/Aku/Triumverate/GDI/the Roman empire/Klingons/Principality of Zeon/the Taidaan or Kushan forces/ISDF, NSDF or Scions/My Little Ponies/Godzilla/Nac Mac Feegle/Batman.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Well, size doesn't particularly matter - it didn't matter in the Starcraft vs. Aliens match up. ;) Besides, Transformers can come in all shapes and sizes.

The Decepticons aren't without their flaws. For example: massive personality conflicts and inflated egos, questionable loyalty/backstabbing and a Transformer's susceptibility to hypnosis,

Also I didn't restrict which X-Com series of aliens we're using, so we've got some big guns like the Megaspawn, poppers and Overspawn from Apocalypse available, plus any of the UFOs and USOs.

Anything goes really.

- NKF

If you're going to include the Scions and the ISDF/NSDF in that list, you ought to also include the Hadean and Cerberi. (Forgotten Enemies FTW!)

I'm going with the aliens though, in this poll.

(The Cerberi would totally win, though. Blaster bomb, meet Nexus.)

The main personalities are limited, although there are countless drones and an endless number of repaints. :D

- NKF

Razak Roughnecks (that's the CGI series' spelling)

I think you meant, Starship troopers. The CGI series.

In which case, they're probably very similar to X-Com in powered armor.

Highly recommended series. Only one I think I've ever seen with realistic looking powered armor.

(With exception of the Aliens movie.)

I was referring to the team rather than the show, but yes, that's the one. Didn't think much of the movie, but the animated series was quite compelling. I'm hoping the complete seasons come out on DVD some time. I've only seen individual DVDs with a couple of episodes floating about.

Another close one would be the team from Space Above and Beyond. I don't think that ever got completed, but a great show all the same.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately they have a tendency to slap their insignia on the outside of their chosen disguise. Sort of ruins the disguise aspect a little.

But saying that, it's still amazing how everyone seems to completely ignore it. :D

- NKF