XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Occasional Game Crashes In Xcom1 Battlescape

aquila

Just a quick question. I am experiencing occasional crashes to desktop in Xcom1 when I am in battlescape mode, has that got anything to do with the 1 second music change lockup I also experience when the music track is finished and needs to reloop? Or is the crash to desktop a separate and unrelated incident?

Thanks.

Just a quick question. I am experiencing occasional crashes to desktop in Xcom1 when I am in battlescape mode, has that got anything to do with the 1 second music change lockup I also experience when the music track is finished and needs to reloop? Or is the crash to desktop a separate and unrelated incident?

Thanks.

Can you answer some questions?

• What operating system?
  • What version of UFO?
  • Using Dosbox? What version? Make any changes to the settings?

Edited by SaintD

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar problem to this guy I am running on XP I have XCOM Defense CE and it is the windows version so no dos.

I play the game it runs fine (only after installing xcom1fix.exe and patch dll into the X COM folder) yet I just clicked ok to visit my very first crash site and the screen went black and crashed to desktop.

Anyone know what to do? Shall I install Mok's patch, and will that fix my problem? I would like the original alien screams anyway tbf.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I am using the win32 version of XCOM Gold Collector edition with the xcom1fix.exe patch.

I am getting simular and more frequent crashes to the one described above. They first appeared when in battle scape mode and then started appearing after clicking ok after allocating a craft to a target.

I got the crash log in Windbg for the battle scape and the craft allocation.

Any ideas?

UFOCrashWithMSSymbols.txt

InMissionCrash_ErrorLog.txt

OriginalCrash.txt

Edited by Cyber9