XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Corrupted Alien Base

So there is a base on my worldmap that is broken because it spawns all my soldiers outside the map. Regardless of what craft I land with, all my soldiers find themselves a few tiles outside the map, unable to move or take any actions. The aliens can never get to me and vice versa. If I try to exit, I lose my craft but keep all my soldiers.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Do you know what version of the game you are using? Also, are you using any utilities or editors? :wink1:

- Zombie

Do you know what version of the game you are using? Also, are you using any utilities or editors? :wink1:

- Zombie

DOS version, run through DOSBOX, via Steam

I used xcomutil to apply all the major bugfixes. That's it.

It was frustrating primarily because I am doing a Superhuman / No reloads / Hawaii base only run and was a bit perturbed to burn score on that.

It definitely is/was the base itself. I made a backup of that save and ended up using xcomutil to end the mission, since it's completely unfair to lose 14 troops and a ship to a bug.

It was only that base, too. All other bases so far I've not had issue landing at.

If you care to look at the game itself, I'll upload the save. I felt a bit dirty using xcomutil to skip past the mission but I had no other choice :/

Aside from that, I'm happy - it's my first 1-base/superhuman/no reloads run that is going very well. About ready to finish the game even. The only hard part is the critical lack of Elerium.

- Zombie

DOS version, run through DOSBOX, via Steam

I used xcomutil to apply all the major bugfixes. That's it.

It was frustrating primarily because I am doing a Superhuman / No reloads / Hawaii base only run and was a bit perturbed to burn score on that.

It definitely is/was the base itself. I made a backup of that save and ended up using xcomutil to end the mission, since it's completely unfair to lose 14 troops and a ship to a bug.

It was only that base, too. All other bases so far I've not had issue landing at.

If you care to look at the game itself, I'll upload the save. I felt a bit dirty using xcomutil to skip past the mission but I had no other choice :/

Aside from that, I'm happy - it's my first 1-base/superhuman/no reloads run that is going very well. About ready to finish the game even. The only hard part is the critical lack of Elerium.

Did you try to reinstall Xcom and then reload the save or a previous save?

I had xcomutil installed in an old xcom install and it was corrupted. Backuped the saves and reinstalled both xcom + xcomutil which fixed it.

A copy of the savegame may help reveal some answers. It's most probably a glitch. From time to time the game can glitch and corrupt its data, which then gets transferred to some of the save files when you save.

- NKF

Sorry, haven't had a chance to look sooner, but I think I see what the problem is. The short answer is unfortunately is that XComutil is at fault here. It has stuffed up with the placement of the soldiers, and has put them beyond the boundaries of the map. I aborted the mission and sent the Avenger in and the map loaded just fine.

To get out of it and save all your troops, use XComutil to autokill/stun all the enemies on the map. It does a bit of processing to surround your soldiers around the grav-lift when the mission starts, but for some reason it's gone too far and put them outside the map.

As great as XComutil is, there are some parts of it that need a bit of fine tuning.

- NKF

Edited by NKF