XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Best Weapons

BurnThemALL

What is the best weapon in Apocalypse?  

471 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i choose the Toxi gun.

im a total n00b with Apoc, i didnt finnish the game yet, (took 2 buildings down)

till now i have Toxi guns, and i like it cause it just burns the alien. it kills him by aprox 2 shots witch is great.

Type C RULE :flame:: :alientalk: :alienoooh: :alienmad:

I choose Auto Cannon. Toxin C is probably most usefull (never got it by judging from it's stats it killes few aliens with one shot) but Auto Canon.... It's an art you know. Burning everything, make inspirating chaos... Watching buildings burning and colapsing, corpses falling from collapsed floors.... Ahh......

heck YEAH Extralucas! Amen brother! :D :crazy: :birthday:

@ Xracer: Please vote the devastator. :) And in which game is the heavy laser? I only played X-Com Enemy Unknown and Apocalypse.

@ Mark0: Your flamethrower .gif is GREAT! :uh: :D :rolleyes:

heck YEAH Extralucas! Amen brother!  :D  :crazy:  :birthday:

@ Xracer: Please vote the devastator. :) And in which game is the heavy laser? I only played X-Com Enemy Unknown and Apocalypse.

@ Mark0: Your flamethrower .gif is GREAT!  :uh:  :D  :rolleyes:

Heavy Lasers were in Enemy Unknown/ Ufo Defense. It was big thingy wchich hadn't auto fire and had not so good accuracy.

heck YEAH Extralucas! Amen brother!  :D  :crazy:  :birthday:

@ Mark0: Your flamethrower .gif is GREAT!  :uh:  :D  :rolleyes:

Heavy Lasers were in Enemy Unknown/ Ufo Defense. It was big thingy wchich hadn't auto fire and had not so good accuracy.

Now I remember... No auto shot... That was why I couldn't bring myself to use it. In Enemy Unknown. ;)

i use Disruptor , 2 guns for 1 soldier,

well im mixed, some soldiers have toxies ,some disruptors

does it reduce the accuracy when u have 2 guns??

like enemy unknown?

btw ima try this Auto cannon flame type ammo, seems interessting

Mark :rolleyes:

does it reduce  the accuracy when u have 2 guns??

like enemy unknown?

Mark  :rolleyes:

I guess it does reduce accuracy, but if you're using it in Real Time (if not then why use 2 disruptors?) then there's no really big difference.

you'll receive accuracy penalty for the two-handed weaponry when you use them akimbo

so my vote went 4 the akimbo toxiguns -veteran's choice-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

like enemy unknown?

why would you use 2 weapons like that? I find that having the soldiers holding just 1 toxigun is the most effective way to kill aliens :) It also lowers how much weight they carry, which helps.

I can understand people liking different weapons best, but the "best weapon", as the poll is named, I believe can be no argument about - it has to be the toxigun. Even in turn-base it takes only like 2 to 3 time units to shoot and they are incredibly accurate. They even ignore shields! The only downside is that they are useless against non-aliens. But again, this IS without a doubt THE best weapon against aliens. :master:

I like the personal transporter a lot also. I go around with 1 single guy, then when I find like 20 aliens in a small enclosed space, I teleport there with my other 12 agents, and start a killing sprea. I particularly like to teleport to the back of aliens and shoot them mercilessly in the back of the head MMUUUAAHHAAAA :devillaugh:

It's also fun to teleport to regions unexplored yet and finding many nice aliens waiting to be snuffed out.

PS: According to the manual, you only lose accuracy for holding 2 weapons in the case of two-handed weapons, like the sniper rifle. In this case, yes you will lose accuracy.

Edited by Fafnir

like enemy unknown?

why would you use 2 weapons like that? I find that having the soldiers holding just 1 toxigun is the most effective way to kill aliens :) It also lowers how much weight they carry, which helps.

I can understand people liking different weapons best, but the "best weapon", as the poll is named, I believe can be no argument about - it has to be the toxigun. Even in turn-base it takes only like 2 to 3 time units to shoot and they are incredibly accurate. They even ignore shields! The only downside is that they are useless against non-aliens. But again, this IS without a doubt THE best weapon against aliens. :master:

I like the personal transporter a lot also. I go around with 1 single guy, then when I find like 20 aliens in a small enclosed space, I teleport there with my other 12 agents, and start a killing sprea. I particularly like to teleport to the back of aliens and shoot them mercilessly in the back of the head MMUUUAAHHAAAA :devillaugh:

It's also fun to teleport to regions unexplored yet and finding many nice aliens waiting to be snuffed out.

PS: According to the manual, you only lose accuracy for holding 2 weapons in the case of two-handed weapons, like the sniper rifle. In this case, yes you will lose accuracy.

before researching cloaker, using 2 guns is more effective...

what will you carry in your free hand, anyway?

Why would anyone use anything else than toxic guns. :uzzi:  :explode:

to watch them burn :flame: :explode:

:devillaugh:

Grenades?

yeah why not me would be 2 guns, i feal that my soldiers are more secure with fire power :rolleyes:

Edited by Mark0

to watch them burn :flame: :explode:

:devillaugh:

YEAH Mark0!!! :beer: :flame: :happybanana:

There's nothing wrong to have a fire grenade "handy" - if need be, hurl it, get the barbecue dressing and something to drink and have fun while sitting near a cozy fire... :psychosanta:

Right now i'm kind of partial to autocannons with HE or Incendiary (shades of BTA?) ammo. However i haven't finished a full game and so i might change my mind when i get hold of devastators and dimension missile launchers. I've just started using toxigiuns with toxin B and so the jury is still out on the toxigun. Edited by JWH

-against humans

-toxigun research not complete

-to use area effect weapons

-to burn something :devilfire:

I only just got toxiguns last night. They are still being manufactured by my teams. It says they dont penetrate armor, so are there some aliens they dont work well on? Should I take a backup gun too?

I only just got toxiguns last night. They are still being manufactured by my teams. It says they dont penetrate armor, so are there some aliens they dont work well on? Should I take a backup gun too?

it penetrates shields but not the armor.

lemme explain that.

toxies got 2 types of damage. first one is the impact damage and the second one is the toxin damage...

only aliens are damaged by the toxin and all races are damaged by the impact.

but humans w armor are damaged so little...

i advice u to use a backup gun.

first reason is all the special force members on this world use a sidearm. and this makes the game more realistic...

Oooh, i didnt notice that. Thanks j'ordos. Presumably their strength is taken into account on this...?

Does it only affect speed?

Edited by miceless

AFAIK it only affects speed. The time I really noticed it was when I gave one of my men a Marsec HE pack. OMG they were slow as h*ll :o

This was in the beginning of the game, later on it is less of a problem I think, when all your men have high stats and such.

If I may add a hint:

Using ToxiGuns and a Disruptor is no good idea because the Disruptor will destroy the PersonalShields of the aliens, you otherwise could collect if you fire with ToxiGuns only. :beer:

strength effects it...

stronger soldiers will not be slowed down

unfortunately, training is the only way to improve ur strength

I wondered why i was not picky up and personal shields. I want one!

How can I tell how fatigued my soldiers are? I have them all running around like heck, and as far as i can see there is no stamina bar.

So do I need to carry two toxiguns, and then have two disruptors in my backpack for use against humans/armored aliens?

I know, marsell small launher isn't the best weapon but I surely love using it against cult of sirius :D It's rather fast and COOL!

How can I tell how fatigued my soldiers are? I have them all running around like heck, and as far as i can see there is no stamina bar.

make them run... they'll improve their stamina by time

i am sure you'll understand when they're fatigued

that was my configuration. lemme explain it...

Disruptor armor: best armor available... protects like god, weighs almost nothing

Devastator cannon: against humans and some aliens... backup in case run outta ammo

Cloaking Device: is a must...

Motion tracker: very deadly if u know how to use

Incendiary grenade: sometimes i go pyromaniac :rock:

2x disruptor shields : good protection

Sword : fun to use against panicked... also backup if everything fails...

toxigun : ....

6x tox clips : enough ammo to clean a mothership alone

2x stun g : excellent at chokepoints

1x AP grenade : i use them to trigger the explosives aliens drop -chain reaction-

1x smoke grenade : cover ur retreat...

1x vortex mine : major explosive

1x medikit : is a must for lone wolves

:wub: he can complete every mission alone -except the alien dimension-

post-25-1059600499_thumb.jpg

That's a great soldier Brute! :beer: And a very thoughtfull equipment. To stick the ToxiGun like you do on the left is a good idea.

Another question but I'm sure I get told again "open another thread for this!"...

About personal shields, how is it handled if you have 2 of them. When your blue bar (shield power) gets to zero, will then both shields be destroyed, is the shield power doubled or what is the effect of 2 shields.

Would be great if someone knows and takes time to tell me. :happybanana:

That's a great soldier Brute!  :beer: And a very thoughtfull equipment. To stick the ToxiGun like you do on the left is a good idea.

Another question but I'm sure I get told again "open another thread for this!"...

About personal shields, how is it handled if you have 2 of them. When your blue bar (shield power) gets to zero, will then both shields be destroyed, is the shield power doubled or what is the effect of 2 shields.

Would be great if someone knows and takes time to tell me.  :happybanana:

both of them = the blue bar, when the bar is at zero they are both derstroyed..

i think its that. :unsure:

That's a great soldier Brute!  :beer: And a very thoughtfull equipment. To stick the ToxiGun like you do on the left is a good idea.

Would be great if someone knows and takes time to tell me.  :happybanana:

both of them = the blue bar, when the bar is at zero they are both derstroyed..

i think its that. :unsure:

both of them = blue bar

they are destroyed one by one

Considering about half the equipment in there is unknown to me, i think i have lots to be doing!

Whats an AP grenade? Armor Piercing? Never heard of Armor Piercing grenades?! :huh?:

Isnt the dev cannon two handed? Wont you lose accuracy using a thing in the other hand? Or is your guy so damn accurate it doesnt matter?

The standard grenade you have in the beginning is the megapol AP50(or some other number) grenade. As you can see on the left of the pic there is a bar showing the accuracy. It's good enough for using 2 handed weapons with one hand. :hammer: