4 replies to this topic

#1 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:10 AM

This seems to be a bug in the original X-COM, and I'd like to address it.

The manufacturing costs for the "HWP fusion bomb" and "craft fusion ball" appear to be reversed. The long flying, hard hitting, huge explosion craft weapon costs 4 elerium to build, while the smaller tank bomb needs 5 Ele/8 Alloys. I was so startled by the cost of tank bombs, that I thought they were for the craft instead! ^_^ By comparison, the Blaster bomb takes 3 Elerium to build.

In short:
Craft bomb: 4E
Tank bomb: 5E/8A
Blast bomb: 3E (comparison)

Since the craft bomb is so much bigger and more destructive than the tank bomb, it should have the higher material needs. (Avenger vs. tank, which gun will be bigger? :rolleyes:) It seems that the programmers must've mixed up these weapons when they programmed how much manufactured goods would cost.

The Fix:
Craft bomb: 5E/8A
Tank Bomb: 4E
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#2 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hmm...

Could anyone please explain why the HWP fusion ball is so expensive (8A/5E), while the Craft fusion only takes 1 more Elerium than the Blaster bomb?
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.

FMIX-The General Stores

#3 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

Because almost nobody manufactures craft Fusion Balls anyway, and to prevent the HWP Fusion Balls from being mass-(and I mean MASS)-produced? ^_^
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#4 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:03 AM

It looks more like a mistake to me. Yeah, you don't want HWP rounds being mass produced, but when you hear "craft fusion", don't you think the missiles would be larger than a HWPs?

You need 10 inventory space for the materials to produce 8 HWP shells. HWPs only take up 6 space. It seems sorta... odd that you'd need more raw materials than the size of the tank. :huh?:

Would that mean that the craft can hold 30 fusion balls? They seem to be much smaller than the tank shells, and the tank can already hold 8.

Hmm... fusion ball automatic cannon.... :)

FMIX-The General Stores

#5 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:10 PM

THAT would certainly make me use several of them instead of the plasma cannons :LOL:
Fusion Ball Launchers with almost as many shots as plasma cannons :wub:
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)