XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Need Help On Sonic Pistol.

noeru

I sold all my sonic pistol before I reserach it and now I can't research sonic oscillator. Is there any place to find sonic pistol later in the game?

Coz even those very small allen sub use only sonic blaster but not pistol.

Edited by noeru

The aliens generally phases out the pistol class weapons in preferenc for the sonic cannons, though you may occasionally find an alien using one. They get phased out really quickly on harder difficulty levels.

So hoarding the clips or building the clips are your only options. Building clips isn't particularly desireable on account of its inefficient use of zrbite...

- NKF

another way would be to "cheat" your way in... download an editor, and then you can edit your base inventory, and add one sonic pistol, and one pistol clip. I don't think it would be really considered as cheating, IMO. :D

If you have researched the sonic oscillator, you've already researched the sonic pistol and clip. Therefore, if you really want that mediocre weapon, you'll have to manufacture it yourself.

Rule of thumb:

Start EVERY research project on your research list the moment they become available. That way even if you do sell off all of the object, you will still have everything you need to research the project.

The only projects that don't show up immediately when you get some are sub construction and M.C Readers (oh, and disrupter pulse launchers, but they're easy to get), so always keep at least one of these until you've researched everything.

- NKF

Oh, I mean I need to reserach sonic pistol so that I can research sonic oscillator. The typo must confused a lot of ppl.

Without it, I can only attack Allen subt that size Medium or under... if it's bigger Allen sub I had to let it go.

Edited by noeru

Was it like that? I remember the research tree worked like sonic rifle and sonic cannon would be enough to get the sonic oscillator. :huh?: I suggest you use the editor to get a sonic pistol or another editor to get the research topic available. Your chances are about 1/100 to find a pistol in a mission anymore. :unsure:

Was it like that? I remember the research tree worked like sonic rifle and sonic cannon would be enough to get the sonic oscillator.  :huh?:

nope, that would be UFO (heavy plasma / plasma rifle = plasma cannon). in TFTD you need all sonic weaponry (sonic pistol, rifle, cannon) to unlock Sonic Oscillator.

i agree, "cheating" would be the best way to deal with it.

Edited by SupSuper

nope, that would be UFO (heavy plasma + plasma rifle = plasma cannon). in TFTD you need all sonic weaponry (sonic pistol, rifle, cannon) to unlock Sonic Oscillator.

nope, in ufo it's enough if you research only heavy plasma + clip and you get sonic cannon. ^_^ Check it yourself if you don't believe me..

nope, that would be UFO (heavy plasma + plasma rifle = plasma cannon). in TFTD you need all sonic weaponry (sonic pistol, rifle, cannon) to unlock Sonic Oscillator.

nope, in ufo it's enough if you research only heavy plasma + clip and you get sonic cannon. ^_^ Check it yourself if you don't believe me..

sorry, i meant if you either research heavy plasma + clip or plasma rifle + clip u get sonic cannon.

• 3 years later...
Oh, I thought it was pistol and rifle OR heavy plasma (and respective clips) to get plasma cannons. In any case, sonic pistols are totally worth using. Much better than plasma pistols from the original game, IMO. I don't think the pistols are ever completely phased out, but yeah, just cheat. It's no big deal. Edited by Pherdnut