XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Need Help Creating Eu Maps!

feliciafan89

See Daishiva's website. He has a great map editor and help files. :)

- Zombie

Umm... I got this error message when I tried to run it.

The dynamic link library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\xcom1;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\VDMSound;C:\Program Files\VDMSound;C:\WINNT.

I just got myself a copy of the said file, but I'm not sure where to put it.

Edited by feliciafan89

I suspect you do not have Microsoft's .NET framework installed (it is a prerequisite to run MapView). Version 1.1 can be downloaded here. It's a 10MB download but worth it since other programs sometimes use the code as well. ^_^

If you do have .NET, reinstall VDMSound. Somehow a .dll file went missing. You shouldn't need VDMSound to run MapView though... :blush1:

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

I just downloaded it. I didn't see your post until now, but I got an error message saying:

"Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location"

Anything relating to this message I should know about before I put the .NET Framework thing on my computer?

No, you should be fine. Just install the framework and run MapView - then you should be good to go. :)

- Zombie

Just let the install program put it where it wants. It should ask, but just click "Ok" or "Next" to accept the defaults until the auto-install screen disappears. Hope that helps. :unsure:

- Zombie

Now, I get this error message: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."