XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Working Apoc Version For Xp !

Hi guys,

I own a copy of xcom apoc, but could not get it to run in the last few weeks, even with the tips provided here.

Today i woke up and thought to give it a try again, and was browsing around to find an alternative solution.

while doing so i stumbled over the website *, and downloaded the version from there.

To my big surprise, beside the lack of music even the intro would play, the mouse is smooth and the game is running fine!

if you would like to give it a try, find the download here : *URL removed*

the only thing i did prior to starting the game was to setup the sound device.

oh if linking to the version above is somehow forbidden, excuse me and remove it.

cheers,

* Edit By Zombie: Removed site mention.

Edited by Zombie

Sorry folks. I will have to remove the links.

Feel free to exchange URLs via PM, e-mail, snail-mail and other such communication methods. Clandestine-like.

Because of its age, and my own personal bitter feelings over the way the core fans have been treated (or rather, ignored) by the myriad of the game's trademark "owners" over the years, I've since given up admonishing people over such matters. However, I'm not promoting it either. It is still illegal to download the games and it is also a site policy not to list such links.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

sorry for that, i was under the impression that it was okay to dl it from there and it was real abandonware.

Was just so glad that i finally got a version that would run without countless failed attempts to get my own version to run. (tbh i am just too lazy to install a multiboot for it)

if still someone is interested in the link, sent me a pm, i am checking this forum regulary.

cheers,