XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cheat

Gurluas2000

Nope.

Every unit in the battlescape has a reference to a unit in soldier.dat. Units with no references are either aliens, civilians or tanks (basically whatever happens to these units, they won't have any effect on the information in soldier.dat).

As soldier.dat can only store X-Com soldiers, no, you can never permanently own an alien.

Would've been nice though.

- NKF

Well, once in UFO (dos), after crashing due to some general protection fault in the v battlescape, the game put me back in the Geoscape. And due to some weird bug or other, I got a couple of those Weapon cannons (Medic cannon in TFTD I think, some name anyway, I've forgotten) and, I noticed I had an extra flyer up in the air.

When I clicked on it, it read 'battleship' and its number instead of the usual Skyranger or Interceptor. I got it to fly about and everything. It was simple amazing! But then I told it to return to base. As it has no base, the game just crashed. I really wish I'd saved that game for posteriety.

In TFTD, through the normal course of the game, and after messing around with large terror units with MC, for some reason, I ended up owning several hallucinoid quarters (not the whole unfortunately) somewhere else on the on map (basically, not the halluicnoids I was MC'ing). But that's a normal enough bug.

Starting with aliens at a fresh battle, now there's something I've yet to see. But I'm not going to discount it as a possibility. As you can never tell with this game. However, there's nowhere in the soldier files that can identify a unit as being an alien.

- NKF

Data corruption.

- NKF

ok let me

send an interceptor into the air

save the game, place the loc.dat into tftd and u have a base on land

and the interceptor migth turned into anything... also by doing the same with craft.dat ul migth own an alien cratf in ur base. i gotta try.

we need an editor that can do this kind of stuff.

if anyone got a save with alien crafts post em here.

Edited by Gurluas2000

It would be cool if you could equip live aliens from containment to the skyranger (et al), and bring it on missions. Suppose it'd turn on you, but that'd be cool for the first turn of the game, during which it was the obedient mind slave of your psi guy.

If you have 2 strong psis, you SHOULD be able to keep an alien under control indefinately, alternating control each turn. A.K.A.:

Turn 1, X-Com

X controls Sectoid.

---------------------

Y controls Sectoid @ end of turn.

Turn 1, Alien

Sectoid under control.

Turn 2, X-Com

X loses control of Sectoid.

Y still has control.

--------------------

X controls Sectoid @ end of turn.

Turn 2, Alien

etc.

• 2 weeks later...

i meant controlling an alien training it etc. not just MCing it, thats something anyone can do. i meant hacking a saved game...

well i got 2 saved games with 2 transformers, their real name is ammunition however when an ufo gets nearby the ammunitions vanish and il control the alien sub now thats a big step .... now for the aliens...

ideas. hackers...

comeone be in topic :D

XCOM_Terror_from_the_Deep.rar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
ok this is simple... use mc on a zombie ,shoot it and the chrys/tenta

is yours.

now i wonder.... is it possible to own an an alien permanently??

I have some new information regarding permanent X-COM control of aliens. For the most part, it can be done! :)

For the past couple of weeks, I have been feverishly working out the details and testing out some various scenarios. In a nutshell, here's what you do:

Step 1: Mind Control any 1x1 alien. Zombies are exempt from this as well as 2x2 terror units, but all the other aliens are fair game.

Step 2: Stun that alien. I use Stun Bombs from the Small Launcher, because the stun rod depends on alien status to function.

Step 3: Revive the alien. You can either wait until the alien recovers on it's own, or use stimulant shots from a Medi-Kit to speed things along.

Step 4: Wait until the start of your next round. After the alien wakes up it will appear as alien, but this just lasts for your present turn.

That's it, the alien should now be under permanent X-COM control. You can do anything with an X-COM alien as you can with a normal soldier: Directly access the aliens inventory screen without scrolling through all your guys first. Arm it and send it in as a advance scout into UFOs. In all practicality, they are yours to do with as you please. BTW, I suggest you try this out on Celatids. With a 255 ammo clip, their integrated weapon can last an entire mission (and then some)!

Best part about this is you do not need to hack the game files to get them on your side. All you need is time, some stun bombs and a few medi-kits! Enjoy, everyone! :P

- Zombie

You probably dont know but a real alien control has been made.

where the aliens exist permanently and can be trained etc.

all thanks to a guy known as quantifier

heres is both a tftd and ufo patch...

all you are goin to do is to install the patch and you can play as aliens

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7286&hl=

the reason it needs a patch is because the alien inventory is using other files. so i needed to add them by copying.

in the x-com1 patch i added the muton and sectoid inventory from ufo2000

enjoy

Edited by Gurluas2000

Thanks for the info, Gurluas2000! (I knew about that hack already, but haven't had the time to use it yet).

My point was that you can control certain aliens without resorting to hacking the game files to do so. The method I described is a completely "natural" way of transferring an alien's control flag to permanent X-COM status. (Mind-Controlling an alien only temporarily sets it's flag to X-COM, as it switches back after your turn ends). That was like finding the holy-grail for me. Many people maintained it couldn't be done, yet here we are with both a natural way and a hack to play with aliens on your side. Interesting stuff, to say the least. :)

- Zombie

• 10 months later...

Just as an update: I finally tried the "permanent X-COM control of aliens by stunning" technique on a Tasoth from TFTD. It didn't work. Bummer. :Cry:

- Zombie