I know I'm probably only speaking to myself since this place is rather abandoned, but...
Now, I've been trying to think of a way to have ufo2000 a little more attractive to its users. Well, first of all, what attracted me into playing ufo2000 a lot was the statistics page. I liked aiming for the top and kind of silently brag to myself of how good of a player I am. I can still do this I guess...but the page seems somewhat lacking in player interface.
I have several ideas to improve this:
1) Build a permanent player database with personal profiles (much like forum profiles)
- People can view who and any other information the player wants to give, even contact information such as ICQs or IMs.
2) Display top 5 or 10 players on the front page.
- Their name will display and will scroll across the screen showing everybody their glory.
3) You can browse for players and their information through a search
4) You can view (in which most will be optional):
- What their favorite/most played map/weapon set/unit
- What OS they use
- Their CRC/error rates (not optional)
- Battles/Victories/Draws/Losses (Separated into different version builds)
We can build onto this as we go. I just think we need a more memorable and fun way for our players to leave a mark on the community.
1 reply to this topic