XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Demo...

SupSuper

Well, the game is pretty cool! :rock: Although it is quite hard... but a little bit similar to x-com ufo defense, only better graphics(definetly) and one of the gun shot sounds pretty shi++y but i cant complain with that!!!

Ps.It looks like what Xenocide would look like from the screen shots i've seen...

:master: MAY THE GOLDEN TOILET ALWAYS FLUSH :master:

hope you don't barf on the computor when you find out that it is very different from x-com!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :explode:

i finally got the demo to work and my only comment is... THAT'S NOTHING LIKE X-COM! NOTHING! and it's damn frustating, too!

i feel like ranting about it, so i will.

for once, the Geoscape texture is from the same source of Xenocide's (NASA's Blue Marble project or somthing). however, what you do is nothing like in x-com. those aren't aliens, they look more like odd mutations from the game Odium (which is better). u don't see much of the geoscape with the demo but you get an idea. and now, on to the battlescape.

sorry, but the cool graphics simply don't compensate the awful gameplay. even x-com apoc is better. unit resposnes have no variety thus are EXTREMELY annoying. my experience on battle was like this:

Move. Pause. Move. Pause. Alien Spotted. Pause. Out of Range. Out of Range. Pause. Hit by Alien. Pause. Move. Pause. Hits Alien. Pause. Hit by Alien. Pause. Alien Spotted. Alien Spotted. Hit by Alien. Pause. Soldier Dies. Pause. Mission Failed. Pause.

also, the type of missions you do and the story are pratically non-xcom or non-ufo or non-alien or whatever you call it. in other words... IT SUCKS!!!!! so i uninstalled that big bloat of .... right out of my computer.

ok, here ends my rant ;)

Edited by SupSuper

Ney.

A lot of the people who don't like aftermath don't like it because it gets too far away from Xcom. This is unfourtnate. :(

About the missions: The "aliens" you encountered are called transgenants, and they are hideous mutants that are a byproduct of the alien attack. The aliens themselves carry shields, and look like normal greys with red organic armor on. (Plus they carry much more dangerous weapons.)

The Pause options can be turned off, as can the voices.

The missions themselves are actually more varied than xcom's. There is a recon mission, 2 kinds of attack base missions, assault ufo missions, attack crashed ufo missions (you then have to enter a seperate ufo interior map :(), attack biomass missions, capture territory missions, capture alien/transgenant missions, and a couple of story missions.

The Demo isn't really a gauge for the rest of the game. For instance, the story is very good (imo), and the interceptions are fun to watch. Plus, inteceptors aren't garunteed to shoot down ufos, in fact, 80% of all interceptions tend to fail.

The aliens are a superior force, both in numbers and technology, so they aren't meant to be easy!

With the latest patch and rebalance mod, Aftermath is great.

Plus, AM has a number of intresting things that Xcom didn't.

Of course it can't compare to xcom's gameplay, but when compared to most other squad based strategy games, it is pretty good. (Not as good as JA2 though :P)

for once, the Geoscape texture is from the same source of Xenocide's (NASA's Blue Marble project or somthing).

Did it have a northpole? ;)

There are other textures at Blue Marble that have north poles. We chose the one that is there because it looked the best at the time.

The biggest problem with the game to me was the real time aspect of it. I didn't like the real time at all, I think that pure turnbased works *much* better for this kind of game. After this game it seems like the Battlescape might be better off tiled like the original...