This is a Beta, so backup your files before using. If you have issues pleas post them to XcomUFO.com in the XcomUtil forum.
New in this version.
- Major overhall of the installer (XcuSetup) and the inclusion of 16/32bit exe's to support both DOSBox and Windows Vista/7 x64.
- New subfolders added to hold supporting files making the install c leaner
- New XcuSetup options were added to XcuSetup allowing for silent install and uninstallation.
- New XcuSetup option for debugging the install (XcuSetup debug) creating debug.txt.
- XcuSetup now can have minimal impact on the game.
- All options default to NO.
- Almost all changes are now prompted for (skyranger guns, interceptor as transport, Disjointed Base Bug, etc...).
- Items still done by default:
- Copy protection questions set to 0000000 for UFO 1.0-1.3 and X-Com 1.0
- Difficulty bug fixed in UFO 1.0-1.4 and X-Com 1.0-1.4
- Unique names for all maps in TFTD, Used for Hybrid Games
[*]All game files are restored to the pre-XcomUtil state each time XcuSetup is ran. Any modifications by other utilities will have to be re-applied.
[*]Recovery of MIA soldiers has been removed as it had a habit of resurrecting all KIA units to.
[*]Vista/Win7 patch now an option for XcuSetup.
- This will fix the blank screen issue.
- Updated to support the split EXE.
[*]A number of community made fixes are included and selectable with XcuSetup.
[*]Support for the DOS/Window STEAM Install.
- Windows EXE, just run XcuSetup from windows
- to launch Dos version from Steam Run XcomUtil/SteamSetup.bat to activate menu then lauch from steam.
Edited by BladeFireLight, 17 January 2010 - 08:49 PM.