XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Bottom 6th Of Screen Black....

I just got all three games in the Collector's edition to work. Fought past legion after legion of glitch, install bug, compatibility shortcomings, and Vista's own personal CMS (those of you who are in a relationship know what that term is a parody of...) and I finally gun past all the problems to be faced with this implacable glitch which is definitely display related as seen in the attached pic. I tried everything I tried rolling to Vista's standard VGA driver, I tried disabling hardware acceleration (couldn't do it with my 9600 gt had go to VGA drivers and then disable it) I tried going to 640x480 desktop resolution, I tried using Microsoft's Compatibility Toolkit 5.0, I tried the compatibility tab in UFO Defense.exe properties, I tried everything I could think of. I would just adjust it from the monitor but Viewsonic didn't see fit to add a OSD option to adjust vertical size of the picture only horizontal size. I even tried to update the monitor drivers hoping it would add that functionality but I see it didn't....... And I even tried the various loader fixes available and I installed XcomUtil and ran it hoping it could bypass it all a no go...... I contacted Viewsonic via email but I can imagine how helpful they will be................

post-8744-1236052754_thumb.jpg

If that is as wide as your monitor is displaying, there is nothing wrong with your screen. I have a 19" widescreen Acer monitor, and I have black bands on top and bottom. You aren't missing any information or part of the screen at all. (I just ran the game to check. ;) )

Hey want to hear something hilarious. UFO was running way too slow. The menus and stuff was fine but the time on the geoscape was slower then when I played it on my old 386. So after trying everything I reinstalled the game and voila! not only is the time golden but the screen is now full again. LAWLZ!! I don't know what happened but I feel better now.