3 replies to this topic

#1 aquila

aquila

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:18 PM

Just wondering if that can be possible, just finished (lost) my first ironman superhuman due to score, it was under -500 for two months, I think it was because there were two alien bases going at the same time, and I only discovered one late. I discovered the second one just before the game ended, but looking at the activity, I think there were a third base in India, because the activity was up in the 700s, even though i patrolled like *%^* with my skyranger and couldn't find a base in India.

I guess I started losing the game when I lost my main base in Europe, made the mistake of not making some backup laser rifles for my warriors, and base got attacked when skyranger was out, and had to defend the base with 2 or 3 heavy explosives and grenades, that's all I had :(. Shame though will be making lots of laser rifles for the future.
As for the psionic leader, I did grab a sectoid, but like I said, I had low score for two months, oops, I guess I will try again another time.

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

It may not have just been the bases. Bases generate 5 activity points per day (not counting the supply ship stops). In an average 30 day month, that's 150 points. Peanuts when you consider what you can get from a good mission. However to get 700, it may have been a fleet or a succession of UFOs, which explains why you may not have been able to pick anything up until it was too late. They were just no there when your ships arrived.

In your new campaign, the next time you spot a base, quickly set up a harvesting operation This will keep your score consistently in the green and you'll be able to truly get on with actually playing the game.

Don't forget to identify the crew type before doing this. A quick and easy way to do this pre-HWD is to attack the supply ship, or if you're impatient, just go to the base, spot an alien, then either run away or kill a few aliens and then run away.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#3 Aiki-Knight

Aiki-Knight

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

In your new campaign, the next time you spot a base, quickly set up a harvesting operation This will keep your score consistently in the green and you'll be able to truly get on with actually playing the game.
- NKF

What is a harvesting operation, in this context?

#4 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

Simple. Same one as I've mentioned in several other threads.

Just set up an assault base near the alien base that launches attacks on the supply ships. Smash and grabs on the alien base work too, although the supply ships often provide you with more than enough resources and points to keep you going.

Once this is set up, you just continue to harvest the supply ships. Hence why I call it a harvesting operation. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 03 April 2007 - 01:12 AM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1