XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Odd Tactical Mode Errors

Finally managed to get this lovely game working with sound (but no music...sadness), but I've been running into some weird problems.

I was able to get a couple days of real-time playing in (maybe about a week or so of game time), but I'm having problems getting any further in because of a peculiar tactical bug. Basically, what happens is that I'll load in, be able to give a few instructions, then something will trigger and cause all of the speed buttons, the formation buttons, and the options button to become depressed. I can't click on them at all, so I can only play the battle by unpausing (and no saving mid-battle any more, at least not easily). If I press ctrl or alt, it goes to the option screen and constantly scrolls the sound slider to the right. I again can't click on any of the selections in there except 'OK', although I can still toggle sounds and message triggers. If I press ctrl or alt again, I'll get a random selection, but typically 'Save Game'. The first couple times this happened, I restarted apoc (and avoided pressing ctrl for the first time, which seems to be a trigger for it), but the most recent times are triggering off pressing numbers for different squads.

I can still play a battle this way, it's just very, very tedious and annoying. ;_;

EDIT: Also, through a particularly arcane serious of ctrl and alt presses, I can unstick the buttons, but I will lose the ability to press numbers to select squads *and* the ability select people on the map. (I can still do so by selecting them individually out of their squad.)

EDIT2: Apparently, this has started happening during city-mode as well, though I only just noticed it during the most recent UFO incursion.

Edited by Spectrum