XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How To Get X-com Apoc Working?

MEC

So here is my situation. I've just downloaded X-com apocalypse installed it and of course it doesn't work. So can anyone please bother to help me get it working??? How to start the game (now it throws me back to windows), how to fix sound problem, and mouse problem it's too slow moving! Please step by step and include those files which I've got to download in order for game to start. I'm totally lost cos there is a great deal of files and I've got no clue what to do with all this??

I'm having the same problem but I have the original cd and I can't find the download anywhere.

I tried various solutions provided here but none works. I always have the svga graphics bug which makes the game unplayable. When I try the one from the link you provided, I get kicked to the desktop after running the game.

Edited by Morpheus

Have you followed instructions in this thread: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=841?

Oh yeah, I didn't expect soon reply, thanks for that))). Yep I followed instructions (not exactly these ,but it works) and was able to load the game. Now I've got two problems 1 major and 1 minor))). So major one goes first, it is sound, there is no sound. I downloaded x-com from web ,that might be reason why sound is not present, but I dunno for sure. I Tried program "VDMsound" but It doesn't wanna boot up my game ,WHY????(( There might be several reasons: I downloaded the game, so it's like cut version where there is no sound!!?? Or I don't know how to use this program, I pressed right click on "x-com apoc. bat" ,then "Run with VDMS" and I didn't work out!! At first game didn't wanna run at all ,recently it did, but there is no sound so far. What can I do about that??

Ok and second problem, minor one, it's mouse I tried both files: Mousectl.com and mouse2kv.exe. First one is almost fine but whenever I try moving screen to the left or upper sides it starts to do weird things like jerking and twitching))). In basic word it does't allow me to properly move mouse in those directions, left and upper!! When I use "mouse2kv" file, scrolling's fine BUT speed of the game increases in 4 or 5 times!!! Cars and everythnig moves QUICKLY, so I'd rather choose 1 optinon and use keyboard!! Any ideas how to fix this??