XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - USELESS - Alien Sounds

hippyjon

whats sounds are planned for the alien baddies? i'm more talking about definately planned rather than "would be nice", though if there's no definate plans feel free to put suggestions here

obviously we have:

walking/slithering/flying

death sounds (probably multipul)

do we want them makin noises every so often when they are just standing around?

suggestions for how different aliens should sound would be nice.

i'll probably sort out the snakeman movement tonight, just a rythmic sandpaper shhh sound would be alright, i think a slimey sound would be too cheezy :)

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?ac...e=post&id=74749

snakevoice that i did earlier.

to be honest it took me about 30 seconds to make. I just made a hissing noise with the top part of my mouth and then tweaked it in audacity.

I also made a tracked vehicle sound( in a dif thread) with ice and my fast food cup after i was done drinking my coke. heh.

Why don't we get all the sound dpt together and choose projects to work on?

For example, I could be doing voice sounds for ethereals(or whatever) while another person is doing voice sounds for greys and yet another person is doing voice sounds for spawns.

Then we would be splitting the workload and people would not be doing sounds for stuff thats already been done.

*edit* This would also be a good idea, because it would give different aliens a distinctively different sound as different people will be making them.

To do this, the department head needs to come up with a detailed, itemized list of what sounds need to be made. *edit*

Edited by Stow

Some kind of list is up. Not very detailed tho and quite incomplete (those things will be fixed in the future versions).

Anyway people could post what they are doing at Sound team members topic. That is what its meant for.

edit: changed sound team members topic to Sound team Working list, as older title was abit unclear :) .

Edited by Raven Squad