• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh.

X-Corp member "PHEAR MY LAZ0R GUN!"

Morlock: "you call that a gun? Whats does it shoot, water?"

EDITED BY: RED KNIGHT

Edited by red knight

I'm running Radeon8500 and it works fine. I had trouble running the meshviewer too because it had some files missing. I downloaded something called Ogre Windows Dependencies from the ogre site and found the necessary files. Your error message differs from mine though, so I guess I'm not much of a help. :(

Nope CG language even if it is developed by NVidia will work on any card that supports the required Vertex and Fragment shaders technology needed by the mesh you are looking... For instance if you have a plain mesh, CG is not used... however you have to have it installed.

Greetings

Red Knight

HELP! HELP!

Somehow the 3d max file I am working on is now crashing the app as soon as I try to load it. I cannot believe that!!!!! :explode:

I am using 3dsmax 5.1, without bipeds, just bones and the mesh.

I am attaching the file, just to see if any of you is able to open and resave it. Otherwise I´ll have to start again the boning+animation...Sh***t

morlock.zip

Sorry, can't open max format, and I guess other formats don't save the animation portions. Have you placed any backups on this server that you can fall back on?

Somehow the 3d max file I am working on is now crashing the app as soon as I try to load it. I cannot believe that!!!!!

I'm getting that too, but maybe all is not lost. Max takes autobackups about every 20 minutes or so, check the autobackup folder if you can find a working version of the model. Check the ones with .bak filetype too.

Maybe the problem is with the app itself. I usually save the file at different stages. In this case I had 3 files, one at the beginning, another about half the walking cycle, and the last one with the latest progressess (the one I was working on). Well, none of them work now!! I could understand that I made something wrong with the last file and screwed it, but, what about the other two? They worked fine, and have not been modified since some days...

let´s see...mmm, the backup files also crash the app, OMG.

jerolol, sounds like an uninstall/reinstall is in your future... does any other model with animation load properly?