XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Split from FAQ thread

Guest Guest

Well, I got the first XCom, applied the fixes and patches, but apparently I have some bug that's not covered in the FAQ... constant crashes on various occasions, with this in faultlog:

UFO DEFENSE caused an invalid page fault in

module <unknown> at 0000:832de210.

or

DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in

module <unknown> at 0000:baabb1f9.

It crashed about 40 times in one day, usually hanging the whole OS. It just annoyed me so much that I deleted the game.

• 3 weeks later...

DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in

module <unknown> at 0000:baabb1f9.

When i log out of a game called World of Warcraft while im in the main city with lots of other players. Two diff apps.. same problem

• 6 months later...
Guest Garyth

Ok i just patched with the grafix fis from the boards....fixed it great...but now i have no pointer........ -_-

Any fix fer this at all....or have you even seen this one?

• 1 month later...
I have new bug ( I thin so :P ). After attack on my base when i kill all aliens mission dosen't stop. I can move my soldiers but no one alien is still alive =p . Please help me . xD

I have a strange bug I can't find anything about on the net. whenever I enter a Terrorize combat zone, There is always 1 or 2 aliens that are invisible. they only appear on their turn. I have had them singled out in broad daylight in the middle of a barren field, and on their turn they all of a sudden appear and blast me. I have tried throwing grenades and firing into the tile they are on to no effect. I really like this game, but this is a severe gamestopper, as I cannot complete any missions that are affected by this.

That's caused by data corruption, their sprites are messed up. Can happen anywhere. For me it has happened a number of times on base defence missions.

There's one solution I'd recommend you try first. Save the game. Quit the game and restart it. Reload. This has cleared up this problem for me on one occasion.

The other is to just deal with it. Use the overhead map to target it. Click on it so that it's in the middle of the screen, or just click on the visible-target number icon (this is quicker). It will now be standing right in the centre of your screen. Locate it with your cursor.

Now, like you would normally deal with dangerous aliens, have your firing squad stand at least 22 or more tiles away from the target and open fire on it until it is defeated. You won't attract any reaction fire from it this way.

Unless their armour is corrupted to incredibly high levels, you can easily deal with these invisible aliens as you would visibile aliens.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem but i can see it even it alien turn. Aliens attakc my base with this gus with cloak (first time i see them on this game i hust playing). I killed every one but something is takeing control over my soldiers.  =p

Sad i know but plz help

thats easy enough..those are etherals..they have mind control abilities

doesnt alwats seem to work on line of sight either

• 2 months later...

Got a new bug possibly. I'm playing UFO Defense from my collector's edition. I patched it so the game is finally viewable... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

My problem arises when I send my SkyRanger into 'Terrorist Zone #5'... somewhere is South Africa I think. As soon as my SkyRanger gets there the game crashes and I'm back in Windows. I run Windows XP home ed. and I'm at the end of my rope. This is the second game which ended at this 'Zone #5' and I don't want to restart a new game all over again. Please help!!

If you want my save game file I can send it to anyone who is willing to look into it. But I feel it's probably a corrupted file on my part. If so can I import this from another's version of the game to clear this all up?

HELP HELP HELP!!

-Jason

[email protected]

• 5 months later...
Guest Golem
Question: I got the windows version and XP patch, aside from the fact that the intercept button is almost off my screen it seemed to work ok... up untill I researched an alien medic -> Once the research is completed I get an overview of one type of alien (random it seems) and then the game crashes. I fortunately saved recently before the research was completed and was able to stop the research but I wondered if any1 else has experienced this.

Question: I got the windows version and XP patch, aside from the fact that the intercept button is almost off my screen it seemed to work ok... up untill I researched an alien medic -> Once the research is completed I get an overview of one type of alien (random it seems) and then the game crashes. I fortunately saved recently before the research was completed and was able to stop the research but I wondered if any1 else has experienced this.

yes, one of many many many instances that will crash EU. I swear, but have nothing to prove it either way, that if you reload and change the time at which you complete the research or even if you just slow down the time leading up to the research it can be avoided. The game will crash if you so much as blink at it, so don't worry about it too much.