XCOMUFO & Xenocide

How Do I Use Xcomutil?

you double click Xcu Setup and select what you want

if it pops up and then disappears you have compatability issues with your computer and i'm pretty sure that can't be fixed

I have an issue already. I use the runxcom file to open the game because I think that's the one I'm supposed to use. Well, before and after a fight, the game exits and nothing is left but the command line thing. I can get back in by hitting the x in the upper right corner as if to close it, then say not to terminate it, then hit a keyboard key, and the game goes back. Will simply opening the game without the runxcom file work just as well?

Also, I can make laser pistols without elerium. Is it just rifles and heavy lasers that require it? This mod is fascinating, but difficult to work with. At least I haven't had a real crash yet. :D

you have to use the runxcom runxcomw (or whatever it is), if you don't it can crash (or it just won't work), because the runxcom executable runs it correctly, and just running xcom doesn't

you have to use the runxcom runxcomw (or whatever it is), if you don't it can crash (or it just won't work), because the runxcom executable runs it correctly, and just running xcom doesn't

Which one is the right one? I don't think it's working anymore. My soldiers won't get special letters after their names anymore. However, the new laser and normal weapons are still there. WTF

They don't. At least, not the plain vanilla lasers that come with the game. XComutil 'lasers' on the other hand provide a completely different experience.

- NKF

you can make it so that xcomutil lasers require elerium or not, and you don't need to have elerium on in order to have enhanced lasers though

I like the new lasers, but the heavy laser should have about 100 power, not 120. It's very accurate and powerful, so I think one of the two should go. It should either miss a lot at 120 or hit well at 100. Also, heavy explosives should be twice as heavy, since they're extremely powerful now and should be hard to chuck across the map like grenades. I have no problem with the 200 damage itself, since they usually cream aliens in 1 hit anyway, and the 200 damage makes them more dangerous to use carelessly, even with power suits. The only issue is blowing away sectopods too easily, but by then I have tons of blaster bombs anyway, so it's not too much of a problem. If anything, excluding the UFO wall blasting, their high power makes them harder to use now, which is as it should be. If I knew how to make all these changes, I would...

I used XcuSetup again and use RunXcomW, but I still won't get the soldier name additions. That's a really helpful time saving feature that I need. Since it isn't working, I think many other things might not be working either.

I used XcuSetup again and use RunXcomW, but I still won't get the soldier name additions. That's a really helpful time saving feature that I need. Since it isn't working, I think many other things might not be working either.

Are you sure you are selecting Yes to the right option regarding the addition of specialities to the soldiers? (Do you want stat strings added to the names of your troops? (Y))

There's an app called SHELL, I think, that I use to run Xcomutil works like a charm. Here's the direct link to it:

http://members.aol.com/stjones/xcomutil/xcomsh15.zip

Just put it in with all the other XcomUtil files and run the shell, it should open a windowed shell for it. The troop editor works fine for me under this setup. The runxcomw feature never worked for me.

There's an app called SHELL, I think, that I use to run Xcomutil works like a charm. Here's the direct link to it:

http://members.aol.com/stjones/xcomutil/xcomsh15.zip

Just put it in with all the other XcomUtil files and run the shell, it should open a windowed shell for it. The troop editor works fine for me under this setup. The runxcomw feature never worked for me.

This is useful for working with saved games, but it won't play X-Com. I hit F10 and it won't do anything. I can use it to add the tags quickly to huge groups, but I have to quit the game and use SHELL, which is annoying.

And yes, I always hit Y when those options appear.

And yes, I always hit Y when those options appear.

Well that it weird. Most of the time I don't bother with that feature but there might be a bug there, although it won't do much good to report it since the author has said that he has stopped working on XComUtil :(