XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Cant Research Aqua Plastics

I just started by second game using the XP adjusted file. Played long ago when the game first came out. For the second time I cant seem to get to research aqua plastics. Am i missing something. Shows up in my sell/sack screen so i know i have it. I dont have any links to the faq and it appears the ones I do have are dead. Any help is appreciated, especially since in one game i caputured a Live deep one in January and had the MC lab built and training people by the end of Feb. Game was going too good knew somethign was bound to happen. Any help other than cheating

I'd have to dig out my GameFAQ's print out I got because I was having problems too with research. If I remember correctley, I think you needed to research a deep one corpse to get the option for aqua plastics. There is a strange order to research.

Ahh... my research cheat sheet. :D

Yep, Deep One Corpse should give it to you, at least that is how I got it. If not, there might be a bug like the Tasoth Commander thing, research it and some weird thing happens to ...uhhh... I don't remember what (which there is no Tasoth Commander from what I know). So if you researched a live Deep One, that might have messed things up. Any info I found on research said you needed to watch the order you did it in or some items will not be available.

Hope this helped, if not someone else might know.

OK went back to both of the old save games... The FAQ that i found was wrong. You need the Deep one corpse for the aqua plastics and the deep one alive for the MC lab.

I sort of like that idea. It makes the terror sites more important for the research tree. If you do the dust off trick to lessen the points lost you dont get the needed alien.

My solution was to go in and find a deep one in a terror misssion. Kill it and throw it on board then find another one and stun it. I got lucky had two next to each other. Killed the first then i ran over and stunned it. Thre the bodies to my fire bucket brigade of men--got bodies loaded in 2 turns then i reloaded my guys... go tout of there with only 2 guys getting killed. Got a score of -100 due to the aliens i killed on the way to get the deep ones. Probably should have finished the mission but i wanted to get in and not lose too many guys. Sp now i got both the armour and the MC lab..gonna be a cake walk until the lobsters show up

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I was having issues getting Ion Armour too. If you research live deep one too early, i think it screws it up. I started a new game, and made sure I had Plastic Aqua armour, then researched Ion Beam Accelerators, and THEN live deep one and it worked fine.

Got MC lab at the same time (after researching the live deep one) cause it was the first terrorist i had researched alive :)

• 1 month later...