XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xna Stage 0.4: Battlescape

dteviot

can you explain alittle how you would like it, and I will see if I can get started on something, if even atleast a temp layout.

Um, it's the battlescape screen.

So, the first questions need to be:

• What can a player do on the battlescape?
  • How does the player do these things?

Which leads to, there's questions like:

• what controls/buttons are on it?
  • where are they?
  • how are they laid out?

Although, to get us started we could just make up something laid out like the X-Com 1/2/3 Battlescape screen, but with a somewhat different look.

Thinking a bit more, we could just use the same sort of layout as most of the other screens. A set of buttons down the right hand side, with the left 75% of the screen as a viewport.

Let the discussions commence.

Although, to get us started we could just make up something laid out like the X-Com 1/2/3 Battlescape screen, but with a somewhat different look.

Thinking a bit more, we could just use the same sort of layout as most of the other screens. A set of buttons down the right hand side, with the left 75% of the screen as a viewport.

Let the discussions commence.

I guess having a as large as possible viewing area would be beneficial. I for one got used to the X-COM Style, this would probably be why I would support this style. But there would be no harm in making it a bit smaller.

So I guess I would love to see a nicely polished version of the UFO:EU Battlescape screen.