XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - USELESS - New Song : Music for download

New song from me, unifinished as always :D . This is not too complex, actually i made it quite short time. Drum may sound weird, but too tired to fix that. Now using ogg format.

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/matti.hotti/R...quad_-_Echo.ogg

If link wont work try later again. Feedback would be nice...

i downloaded winamp3

Sorry, Winamp3 is useless.

Anyway, it sounds great, if a little repetitive at the beginning, but I guess that's what you're going for. It gets better later on, and it sounds really good for an ambient track.

Ok. Then what other .ogg reading program (that is not shareware, or cost money) have you?

i downloaded winamp3

Anyway, it sounds great, if a little repetitive at the beginning, but I guess that's what you're going for. It gets better later on, and it sounds really good for an ambient track.

I use Winamp to play those files (to show my friends what you guys are doing, they hate to look at every little tweak of the geoscape :D)... maybe you have an old build...

Greetings

Red Knight

I use Winamp 2.81; The fastest, lightest, and most compatible version of Winamp available.

Winamp 3 got rid of all previous plugin support, nearly all customization, became more bloated than Realplayer (!), and overall sucks. Winamp 2 is much more flexible, loads in an instant, takes nearly no resources, and can be rigged to play anything (and comes with support for OGG files, just as Winamp 3 does).

http://classic.winamp.com/

Seems that Winamp 2.91 is available... I'll see what that's like. Looks like even Nullsoft knows they screwed up with 3.

EDIT: Winamp 2.91 is godly. Everything Winamp3 has with the speed and power of Winamp2, and even manages to do some things better (for example, video; Fullscreen interface is brilliant, and even has perfect support for WMV's - Something Winamp 3 can't do). HIGHLY recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Okey here is totally new piece. I dont know if it fits in game, but i had fun doing it. It is 4 am here so i cant listen it with my speakers, so i dont know how it really sounds cos my headphones suck. If that isnt enough server isnt working right now, but should work in few hours(hopefully). Well here is the link

http://personal.inet.fi/koti/matti.hotti/R...d_-_Weather.ogg

Unfinished as always. Song is actually longer but i had some trouble with soundcard.

Anthonius Runeblaze, winamp 2.91 is far from godly. When playing ogg files with winamp, my computer has bad habit of crashing :cussing: .

Hi!

Raven: can't download your last track :(

Here is some dumb thing I made while not being inspired (kinda caught in a loop these days)

just want comments on style as it is clear that this is only a small draft... :)

Thanks!

Here is newer version of Weather and old song made for different project, but never got released. Too bad that i have to start working next week so less time for music. Updates to songs might take awhile.

http://www.projectxenocide.com/music/Rave...._-_Weather2.ogg

http://www.projectxenocide.com/music/Rave....quad_-_Menu.ogg

Edited by Raven Squad

Noticed all the earlier links by Raven Squad are down (at least today). Could they be put up with your latest post on proj-xeno?

• 3 weeks later...

Daaaaaaamn!!

I love those! I can see myself grouping my agents and giving them weapons while this GREAT music is playing on backround.. Oh my good I will love this game and all it's little features :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Okey here is something that i created this morning

http://www.projectxenocide.com/music/Rave....d_-_Network.ogg

Dont know where this would fit in game, menu music maybe? Not much variety innit(some might say it is boring :) ). Style is somekind of synth music (i am lousy to categorize my own music) I have worked also my previous work, but not so much that i will show them yet.

Edited by Raven Squad

Those are really nice tracks...!!! (getting a little jealous even if we don't share the same style hehe :P )

However I would love to see some small catchy leads amongst those nice riffs

I would also modulate the drum a little more, with filters or some variations in the loops? Tell me if you want me to try it (I'm gonna need some original files though)

Keep it up... you're very active and kind of kicking my donkey... I better start getting back on it LOL

• 3 weeks later...

i much like the 1rst one loaded on xenocide page and the third a lot! the second one was a bit short and i was like :(

keep up the nice work ^_^

• 8 months later...
I know about that hissing :) . I hope i have eliminated that problem now. Upgraded my soft- and hardware since i made those (i used sb awe 64 if i remember correctly) . Collecting money now to buy new soundcard (now using sb live, imo that card is total crap). Edited by Raven Squad

Best price/quality card for professional use is the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 ^_^

I also use the crappy SB Live with enormous delays. If u want to eliminate the biggest part of the delay in your midi, enable GSIF and other amazing new capabilities... install the kx project drivers from kX Project Homepage Those are great for SB cards!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Anyway, when I got some money back in my pockets I'll go buy that amazing M-Audio Card. It even has XLR outputs!!!! and that for about 200 euros :o (depending on what country you live in)

That soundcard costs about 170€ here. Do u know what software comes with it? M-Audio homepage was down so no luck trying to find out that from there. Anyway thanks for the kx drivers tip, i hope they resolve few problems.

PS: Concradulations to u ATeX for promotion :)

Edited by Raven Squad