So, there is 100% NO chance to play interceptor on Win7 w/o virtualisa
Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:40 PM
In case anyone wonders, the patch is 100% working (w/o patch i had -0.0 distance to the probe on win7, with patch i loaded the save and saw the probe normally and downed it). It is hosted on a russian site old-games.ru
You need the bottom file, the "785.38 Kb" one. Click in the column to the right of the size, enter confirmation code, then the link will appear, called [http <russian text>]
The "patch" is indeed a hacked executable. Unfortunately it seems to be a 1.0 version of executable, but i guess, you can do the following:
- play on 1.2
- when you need to down a probe, switch to 1.0 hacked to do the mission then switch back to 1.2
edit: ah, you haven't got it yet, well don't buy it thinking this patch might work. You should look around in the steam forums for experiences. http://forums.steamp...splay.php?f=225
Edited by j'ordos, 20 August 2010 - 04:42 PM.
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG
Now presented in DoubleVision (where drunk)
Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:39 AM
That was actually me posting, i found this fix on rus site yesterday, yes it 100% works, but still, this game isnt worth it
- You cant play it "Ironman" style, because its too random, and against serious opponents, your wingmen either die out all at once, or somehow manage, you cant control that
- The balance is screwed. On Veteran its too easy once you know how to fight (and if you know how to capture enemy saucer w/o pulsar, and can be arsed to do it every mission, cos its very boring). On Genius it starts easy and then BAM, 8 medium 3 large on your base, your 5 (still initial) fighters are screwed, best they manage is downing one-two before they're dead. Superhuman i havent attempted...
- The controls are screwed. You cannot play with joystick (there is too much drift, impossible to aim), playing with mouse is constant striking mouse mat because your mouse goes off the mat, Thrust control is insane, you cannot hold button for thrust, you have to tap it
- The radar is close to useless, maneuvering is close to useless since all enemies seem to 100% accurately shoot "in advance" of you
- Worst, your death means loose of mission automatically, your wingmen cannot continue w/o you. Even if enemy base is at 1%, mission falied, restart...
- And you cannot accept defeats because, to buy additional fighter to replace what you lost you have to wait alot, and you cannot stock "in advance" alot because at start you dont have that money
- Weapon targeting is screwed, weapon shots do not fly at crosshair but to the left/right, meaning you cannot effectively use more than one weapon at range/ two weapons at close.
- Building bases is extremely tedious, it takes years to cover the map, years of building "proxy" bases you will dismantle
One serious thing i love about the game is the soundtrack, and the manner it is made. Each combat song consists of five 4-second chunks of "action" and five chunks of "interlude", that are randomly looped, producing a music that never becomes boring, since its never the same. Moreover, each time something happens (enemy dies, wingman dies,...) there is additional random "chunk" played, good, very good, bad or very bad. This unfortunately makes this music impossible to listen to in player unless you mix something from it...
PS: But i can confirm that hacked exe 100% works and you can kill probes (didnt have a chance at outpost yet, and dont think i'll try) with hacked exe while you cannot with normal exe.
PSS: And come on, drop the stereotypes, "if its russian site care for viruses", american, or german, or english, or whatever sites are infected with viruses as well... We're not in the cold war state anymore, dude!
Edited by Istrebitel, 21 August 2010 - 02:43 AM.