XCOMUFO & Xenocide

All These Patches/fixes...how To Install And Get M

idunno1987

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alas, those posts do not answer the fundemental question asked here - how do we actually apply the fixes to the game? I unzip them from the zip files and place them in the game directory, and I have no idea if this is what i'm even supposed to do.

They aren't even labelled: they have no file extensions, they're not executables, for all intents and purposes they don't do anything as far as I know. Even the instructions for creating a bat file for running under dosbox or vdms (i've tried both)

I've tried up to 15000 cpu cycles in dosbox, i have a radeon 9700 card, running xp. How do apply the patches? Any other advice?

one more thing - I can actually install, and run the game plain from windows xp. It will load and run the intro sequence, albeit slowly and with choppy sound. However, if you skip, or wait till it ends, the app terminates and its back to the desktop. That's the best I can run it. Any of the changes or alterations suggested seam to just make it crash sooner.

:huh?:

Guest Azrael
Alas, those posts do not answer the fundemental question asked here - how do we actually apply the fixes to the game?  I unzip them from the zip files and place them in the game directory, and I have no idea if this is what i'm even supposed to do.

They aren't even labelled:  they have no file extensions, they're not executables, for all intents and purposes they don't do anything as far as I know.  Even the instructions for creating a bat file for running under dosbox or vdms (i've tried both)

I've tried up to 15000 cpu cycles in dosbox, i have a radeon 9700 card, running xp.  How do apply the patches?  Any other advice?

one more thing - I can actually install, and run the game plain from windows xp.  It will load and run the intro sequence, albeit slowly and with choppy sound.  However, if you skip, or wait till it ends, the app terminates and its back to the desktop.  That's the best I can run it.  Any of the changes or alterations suggested seam to just make it crash sooner.

:huh?:

The thread I posted has step-by-step instructions and all files are labeled.