XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Bug In Ufo-mission

Avaloner

Hello

I'm new to this Forum, just found it yesterday, and already found great help here, many strategies like stun-raid or swarming enemy ufo's are very helpfull, thanks for that, but I got quiete a Problem, now that I know how to shoot down an UFO and trie to get it, some of my Agents, stop shooting, even when they see the enemie, and these two even where my top sniper, both with Acc. over 95 on autofire with two devastors.

I attack this flying Cocon thingie, assault ship or something, and then the bug came up, I placed my Squad, the two snipers, two lower snipers with the same equipment, but lower Acc. and my stun and Hack unit with Stun grappel and power Sword before the door, well I was away a bit so I can shoot in, the first wave was killed very fast they stormed out and all 8 devastor killed them away, then there was silence, and I wanted to kill the other aliens in the ship, before I could move, 3 Spitters appeard at the gravshaft and everything was normal, untill my both sniper, who could see them, the yellow dots indicate it, didn't shoot, they raised there weapons, but remained still, and the devastor got enough ammo in it to shoot.

Well after every spitter shoot like 5 Times and my Soldiers still not reacted I mowed them down on my own and there were only Antros and Spitters left, just in case this is interresting.

Now this happend again, my agent fly up the grav lift and then two aliens where shooting at him, he turned, but he did nothing, he just stared at them and they kept on shooting, 4 hits and my shield was down, and then he was killed quite fast. :Rant:

Is this a known bug or do I do something wrong?

Oh another short question, does the disruptor armor just show up in the workshop or do I need to reasearch it?.

Btw. did anyone too saw that the aliens can't shoot this..uhm organic missel weapon down the gravshafts? I just saw an Antro wasting like 4 Missels, while he just kept on schooting straigth against the UFO wall instead of shooting down the Lift.

Sorry for Typos.

read the entry, alien non-missile weapon are powered by a transdimensional power source, so they draw power from a different dimension

Are you sure that you had enough energy to shoot? also, if the enemy dances around you can have problems shooting them if they dance away out of your vision before you shoot.

Yes, grav lifts have the annoying property of being able to block grenades and missiles, i found that when i threw a boomeroid and vortex mine at a shielded anthropod and discovered to my annoyance that the stupid soldiers had a fatal wound

heavy launchers do that too, just they are a bit bigger of an explosion

read the entry, alien non-missile weapon are powered by a transdimensional power source, so they draw power from a different dimension

Uh I know, but i never asked that.

Are you sure that you had enough energy to shoot?  also, if the enemy dances around you can have problems shooting them if they dance away out of your vision before you shoot. 

I played RT(dunno if you mean Energy as Ammo or TU) , and I never saw an devastor running out of ammo, in normal combat, not including making your own entrance,and my soldiers got them in vison all the five shoots the 3 Spitter made, and they didn't strafed, and even if they would, normally they should still shoot

My devastators run out of ammo constantly, those 36 blasts run out very fast when i use them

sorry, i misread the thing about disrupter armor, i thought you said disrupter ammo. I'm almost positive you have to research it though

If you had just killed a wave of aliens before the 3 spitters came out, you probably did run out of ammo

when you went up to the higher floor you probably used up 2 or 3 shots and then ran out

Guest Azrael
IIRC, the devastators could run out of ammo, but the ammo would recharge quickly over time, I know for sure you can never run completely out of ammo with a disruptor or devastator cannon, but maybe just temporarily :)